apperance

the retro or the morden?

• mordern

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • retro

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

spikes

ok guys, i need your opinion on wheather if i should repaint my guitar, or leave it to peel and age... its a stratocaster by the way...

by the way.. dragging ur strat behind ur bike and cycle down east coast would be good.

VINTAGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i prefer guitars that have the vintage look but not beatened up at all. Damaging ur own guitar is wrong imho.

nothing is wrong man.. u paid for it its urs. thats what i think la.

if some one likes his guitar beaten.. so he can get the 'feel'......den u dun let him beat it...... he no feel.. play sucky... how?

depends on how beaten up i guess. imagine taking out your guitar to play and then everyone in the audience laugh when they take one look at your guitar. 8O

vintage and beaten up are 2 different things... heres the story, i put my strap in with the gig bag, the strap ends(Planet waves clip lock) has taken away a considerable amout of paint at the side as i'm used to putting my strap in the gig bag, bottom paint has came out cause i'd put it on the floor without a stand leaning on the wall for many times... to me, beaten up=dents all over vintage=paint out without the laccerish look...

wished i was that famous... ask me smash my beloved strat??? no way, maybe throw a strap at the fans or something less hardcore...

there's a huge difference bwt 'wear and tear' and damaging the guitar.

vintage collectors feel that super worn guitars (mojo'ed) are constanly played while the ones in pristine condition aren't played as much because they were lousy instrumetns to begin with.

the fender custom shop has a 'relic' option whereby the luthiers will deliberately age your guitar to make it seem like its been thru years of playing.

the easiest way to give your guitar a vintage feel is to play it a lot. then you get to enjoy your guitar while it's new, you'll get to enjoy it when it's well-worn and broken in, and you'll get better at it in the process.
:smt075

Sting has an absolutely beaten up bass. But nobody laughed at him. Well I guess cos its Sting.... :twisted:

i like my gear to be shiny and nice..to the point that i hardly played my old strat before i sold it off.. :lol: to me old bashed up stuff is like..urrgghh...

How can?

blahblah said:
i like my gear to be shiny and nice..to the point that i hardly played my old strat before i sold it off.. :lol: to me old bashed up stuff is like..urrgghh...

u r like a guy who uses ya axe to the max, rugged & worn den dump it aisde & get new stuffies. it shud not be this way man. u gotta noe that e axe u use has served u well & contributed to your success. i mean instead of keeping & maintaining it, u actually sold it away? omg!! bad boy..

blahblah said:

confuscious say you go to jail you bad boi

Back