Amps Rental for Party

frozenlurv

Hi all.

I'm hosting a small 21st birthday celebration for bout 50 pax and am looking for sound system rentals. My basic needs are 2 guitar amps, 3 mics and a PA system.
Currently on quite a tight budget. Rental is for night event but will most prob need to keep it overnight as party ends quite late.
Anyone got any suggestions for cheap but good sound system rentals?
oh and it would be good if someone could enlighten me on the rough gauge for prices for these stuff. am new to this.

Thanks!

u can try getting them from studios listed on the kopitiam thread. since there's no drumset involved i think a rough gauge is around $150 to $250. it's a pretty simple setup so shouldn't cost much more.

Thanks all for the replies!

Wow didnt know there was so many things to factor in for this.
Actually the party is a rather casual event. Don't really need a very professional set up, just a couple of guys performing an acoustic set at my birthday party for entertainment to my guest. >.<

Could anyone advice me on whether a mixer is really necessary for the event? I mean, what does it do? I apologise but I'm really clueless when it comes to these stuff. haha. Oh anyway the venue I'm booking isnt very big so I don't think such a powerful system is needed? Can anyone please advice what I actually need?

Greatly Appreciated!
Thanks!

a mixer is usually required if u intend to use mics for vocals. sometimes, powered monitors / pa have an inbuilt mixer board behind them eg yamaha. if there isn't, then getting a portable mixer would make sense.

u can plug in ur mics, guitars everything that has a jack thingy into the mixer and from the mixer, out to the speakers.

without a mixer u can't connect everything together.

Rental of Sound System

You might wanna try Fusionitez Entertainment
I got their number from 88db and used them for one of my event and they were really good with their equipment. Paid $300 for the whole set.
Can amplify your whole band if you want to.

Call them @ 98288059 look for Ahmad

Thanks all for the replies!

Wow didnt know there was so many things to factor in for this.
Actually the party is a rather casual event. Don't really need a very professional set up, just a couple of guys performing an acoustic set at my birthday party for entertainment to my guest. >.<

Could anyone advice me on whether a mixer is really necessary for the event? I mean, what does it do? I apologise but I'm really clueless when it comes to these stuff. haha. Oh anyway the venue I'm booking isnt very big so I don't think such a powerful system is needed? Can anyone please advice what I actually need?

Greatly Appreciated!
Thanks!

Since your friends are performing ask them to go with you when you go rent the stuff. They should know what they need.

Rental of equipment

Hi all.

I'm hosting a small 21st birthday celebration for bout 50 pax and am looking for sound system rentals. My basic needs are 2 guitar amps, 3 mics and a PA system.
Currently on quite a tight budget. Rental is for night event but will most prob need to keep it overnight as party ends quite late.
Anyone got any suggestions for cheap but good sound system rentals?
oh and it would be good if someone could enlighten me on the rough gauge for prices for these stuff. am new to this.

Thanks!

Hi,

I do have the support that you need. anything you can sms or call me by this number.

Jeffery

many jam studios also rent out their equipment.

how powerful depends on your venue.

mixer/PA/FOH all mean the same thing. got mic, got PA.

i think you only need simple PA for the mic, and monitor for the mic. everything else no need to go through PA (it will sound better if it was, of course, but you did mention your tight budget).

whoever will rent the stuff will know what setup will be best.

Back