Acoustic/Electric Guitar Lessons for the committed!

traveltales

Hi there, my name is Zee and I am an acoustic/electric guitar instructor.

Let me begin with a brief introduction on why I teach:

What really drives me to teach music is the fact that it is one of the main defining forces behind culture and human history. Looking back at past human civilisations, and even modern nations, we can see that there are vast differences in musical compositions and musical theories. This translates into different sounds of different eras. And just as civilisation evolves, music evolves right along with it. Just in the past 20 years, looking at western music alone, we've seen the Punk genre evolve into Grunge, which in turn spawned the sounds of Nu Metal. If we looked even further back, we can see how the Blues basically brought about most modern Rock and Jazz genres. It is this constant evolution of music that drives my curiosity and I believe I can instil this same curiosity and passion into the minds of my students.

When I teach, I prefer to teach my students the reasoning behind the shapes of chords and the patterns of scales. This will help them be able to form their own scale patterns and chord shapes, rather than just memorising predefined structures. I find that, even though it is initially tough, it helps a lot more in the long run. It's the same reasoning behind studying for academic purposes; if you're mostly memorising phrases and definitions, you will never truly learn anything compared to the student who tries his/her best to understand the material. Once an individual can understand the reasoning behind why chords and scales are built in certain ways, they will be able to build even more complex chords and patterns without having to look it up. It is the same philosophy behind the old adage, "Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day; teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime."

You can check out a video of me playing here -
http://youtu.be/hFH50K9-6tI
http://youtu.be/AOx1vv07Z6A

If you're interested, you can contact me at 9277 8228, or drop me an email at traveltalessg@gmail.com

My rates are $50/hr and I teach mainly out of my house at Yio Chu Kang, but if you live around the North and Central region, I can teach at your place.

Thanks for taking the time to read this!

Latest posts

Back