AC30CC2 help!!

actually, it's been recommended not to use the standby switch on the CC series due to the nature of the amp. something along the lines of too much voltage hitting the rectifier tube when you flip the standby off, which could kill the rectifier tube. more info on this on the voxamps.com forums, I've been following that for 4-5 years now with no issues.

note that this only applies for ac15/30 type amps, they're unlike the other tube amps with a solid state rectifier.

I didn't know that... Is there a difference as to whether I do this steps on a CC series or the new Classic series? Cause my ac15 is the new C1.

I believe the new classic series is different. It uses a solid state rectifier instead of the usual GZ34 tube rectifier, so it should follow the normal standby procedure

i think i found out the problem...both the main and HT fuse were blown. and i actually took the whole circuit board+tubes out to check. only to realise two fuse were blown badly -.-. Almost send it to goose to repair it haha. Now to find out whether is it really the fuse anot..

ok, i just changed the fuses, both the HT and mains. problem is, The red LED stays on, but went off after the fuse blew after 30 secs. Is it the rectifier's fault? i changed it with another rectifier which i don't know whether it is spoilt or not (it was in my amp compartment laying there). The red LED do light up, but the green one flickered, and i see lots of sparks flying around in the rectifier, after that, only the red LED stays on.

Sounds like this amp has a lot of issues. I think it's best to let a qualified amp technician give it a complete inspection, just to be safe.

Haha, i think i will do that right after i changed the rectifier in the amp, because i think the problem mainly lies in the rectifier, which might be the reason why the fuses were blown.

Situation update.My amp is now working! Changed the rectifier to the Sovtek rectifier tube and one of the pre amp tubes to a Electro-harmonix 6072A/12AY7 tube.

Latest posts

Back