A song that made me cry - Ka Nohona Pili Ka

Beautiful song..

it gives you this feeling like your going away to a place far away from home.. or you just came home from a place far away..

either way. its gives me that kinda feel.

You understand what the lyrics are about james?

Sooooo soothing....reminds me of my childhood days and my kampong in kembangan..*sobs* :smt089

hmmz ...

James if u like this song shld try po kare kare annan --> not too sure of sp.

its a new zealand moari song , its very very very nice too

no offense k >?

got some part just keeps reminding me of the beatles: let it be

the part b4 the chorus the lohan he loohan ho..
edit : 12-23 secs, 23-30 secs
tt bit before tt SOUNDS exactly like lennon

"and in my hour of darkness , mother mary comes to me ;
whispering words of wisdom let it be"

those who have heard it would realise it sounds uncannily similar

onli got one difference is got about 2 notes higher than wad John lennon sang in Let it- beatles

i got to know this song at a dance performance. the music and movement simply melts my heart. i remember watching a documentary on the singer too.

the saddest song i heard was Superstar by Carpenters

serious...it touches me still..the late karen carpenter's vocals in that song jst haunts u. can feel it..

lol..now i m listening to Lady by Kenny Rogers..
wats happening to me

btw i think i got hear the chinese version be4 through the radio.......

i think it's sung by a local female singer 4 the chinese version but dun noe her name.......

yah i heard from a friend shes called SG girl issit? .. dunno if he meant its a sg girl or her name was Sg girl...

but was her version a good cover? or did she kill the song?

ChanMin said:
yah i heard from a friend shes called SG girl issit? .. dunno if he meant its a sg girl or her name was Sg girl...

but was her version a good cover? or did she kill the song?

i think he meant it's a sg girl.......

dun really noe lei.......

:twisted:

this song sticks with me. i hear myself humming to it often. no wonder it won the hawaiian song of the year award. a simple tune can be a powerful tune! :smt020

afterdeath said:
btw i think i got hear the chinese version be4 through the radio.....

got chinese version? haiz.. i still thought i could copy it for the song writing competition.... :lol:

that's why it is good to listen to different style of music. give you inspiration and also widen the musical dictionary a bit.

Back