A pair of Oktava MK012 and VCH

soft

Administrator
Staff member
Just did a test recording at VCH tonight of a choir with my new Oktava MK012. As this is basically sound for video, i connected the mic directly into my camera - Sony PD170.

1. Placed it right in front, off stage, spaced 4m. But the front row singers' signal is being picked up too direct. Choir singing is not well blended. Another problem is that the piano is on the left of the stage and this cause a lopsided effect in the stereo imaging.

2. Placed the mics halfway into the hall, right under the circle balcony, spaced 6m. Overall sound is well blended but the stereo imaging is not as wide as before.

Anyone done recording in the Victorial Concert Hall before? Please share with me your experience.

Hi, Let me share my very little experince in "Hall Recording".... In VCH, I've try place the stereo pair (ORTF) just in-front of the 1st roll, about 4M high, using KM184, sounds great to me. when u in last night... we just left... :lol:

No.. Not mine... Prefer small diaphragm for ochestra and choir... only use big diaphragm maybe for vocal, cello and bass.... :D

got it from Guitar Center. not matched. was on offer. can't complain lah. :lol:

How much is it selling at Guitar centre??? Where is guitar centre??? i have been looking for them for awhile....

Hi James, I guess you need two of the same kind of mic to get the stereo image.Nobody can tell you where to put because of the room accoustic.Walk around the front of the stage.Your ears are like mic if it sound good to you on that spot it will sound good on you mic. :D Cheers.Hey your new car ,so when can lend me to test drive it to KL.

AHBOY

ya, i got 2 same mic. you know i cannot set up the mic any where i like. ha..ha.. there are audience sitting there. maybe next time we try, "uncle, can you please hold this microphone high high for me?" ha.ha..

new van don't have sticker to drive into malaysia leh. don't know how to get that sticker. :oops:

Back