Zildjian Ks @ Yamaha (PS)

weckl-x

20 K Constantinople Hi-Bell - $525
22 K Custom Dry Complex II - $528
22 K Constantinople Hi Bell Thin Low - $600
22 K Custom Dark Ride - $481
24 K Custom Dry Complex II - $624
18 K Crash Ride - $350

Was at Yamaha @ Plaza Singapura on Friday, happened to see these cymbals slightly discounted. Some of them didn't sound too great to my ears, maybe that's why they're still on the shelf. For me, it was a lesson to listen to your ears, don't buy with your eyes. Just because it has a certain label/name on it, doesn't mean it's gonna be great. Still, we all have different tastes, and maybe some of you will find stuff you like.

My fav outta the bunch was the 22 KCDRII. The 24" was pretty cool, but couldn't really hear it well as they didn't give it enough room, so you hit it, it hits another cymbal. Grrr.

This has been a public service announcement :cool:

yeah...now the cymbal display in PS sucks...

they used to display it easy for testing and buying...

now is like, they trying to squeeze all the cymbals there.....every cymbals seem to be hitting one another...

I m totally put off by their display actually..have not been there long time...

Looking at the cymbals weckl-x have, I think you've got great taste and I'll definitely pick most of those you have too man..

Wanted to ask, do they have the red tags on them? Where it'll stated the discounted price?

Looking at the cymbals weckl-x have, I think you've got great taste and I'll definitely pick most of those you have too man..

Wanted to ask, do they have the red tags on them? Where it'll stated the discounted price?

Dude, those aren't my cymbals!

Yeah, IIRC, there was a red tag attached to the regular tag stating these discounted prices I shared above.

I would think it should be hard to hear what the cymbal actually sounds like there, what with the wall of cymbals resonating whenever you try to test out any one particular cymbal... see if you can carry it all the way to the other end and tap it there!

Pretty decent prices there man. Haven't been to Yamaha since I bought my CoD there.

Don't dig the display rack at all either. Too tight. You can get them to put the cymbals you wanna try onto a proper stand, but I'd only do that if I already planned to leave with something.

Thanks (again) for the heads up, Weckl-x.

Dude, those aren't my cymbals!

Yeah, IIRC, there was a red tag attached to the regular tag stating these discounted prices I shared above.

Yeah I know.. I meant your own setup. I recall seeing a 10" HHX evo splash and some other tasty cymbals. I remembered you cos appeared we had similar tastes. Cheers.

@drumsolo86

Ah, I see. Your memory is pretty good. :) Yeah, that 12" HHX Evo is the only permanent resident in my cymbal bag - she always gets choosen to go out for dates. Heheh.

zildjian prices during sale is excellent. i just picked up a 19" a custom crash the other day. (i think 300+)

on the whole, zildjian prices have been a lot more competitive this last 2 years than previously, although there is still a perception that they cost more than sabians and paistes.

your cymbals likely last you ten years or more (perhaps even a lifetime) go for the sound you like.. its what really matters, rather than a one-time price difference of 50-100 bucks.

cheers

hmm all those cymbals are great but dont you guys find Yamaha overpricing most stuff? i mean the quality is there for certain goods but they simply just like overpricing stuff... err this is still in track with the thread right? i mean im still talking about those zildjian cymbals and yamaha :D

Back