You, The Influencer

rockandpop101

Put Me Here!

slash1.jpg

Slash says "My big awakening happened when I was fourteen. I'd been trying to get into this older girl's pants for a while, and she finally let me come over to her house. We hung out, smoked some pot and listened to Aerosmith's Rocks. It hit me like a lovelovelovelovelovelovelove ton of bricks. I sat there listening to it over and over, and totally blew off this girl. I remember riding my bike back to my grandma's house knowing that my life had changed. Now I identified with something."

Joe-Perry.jpg
Joe Perry of Aerosmith

Joe Perry is a huge fan of guitarist Jeff Beck and looked at him as one of his influences. Beck played onstage with Aerosmith in 1976, as a 'birthday present' for Perry.

jeffbeck2.jpg
Jeff Beck

Jeff Beck on John Mclaughlin said: "He has given us so many different facets of the guitar and introduced thousands of us to world music by blending Indian music with jazz and classical. I'd say he was the best guitarist alive."

John-McLaughlin_2oh7s_vkseYx_full.jpg
John Mclaughlin

McLaughlin has been cited as a major influence on many generations from the '70s and '80s fusion guitarists, prominent players such as Steve Morse, Eric Johnson, Al Di Meola, Mike Stern, Scott Henderson.

Steve Morse always cite John Petrucci as his main influence.

Eric Johnson took up the guitar and progressed rapidly through the music of his influences like Eric Clapton, Jimi Hendrix, Django Reinhardt, Chet Atkins, Wes Montgomery, Bob Dylan.

We are all influencers and we influence the people around us who in turns influence those around them one way or another, whether we like it or no, good or bad.

Question becomes, who do you want to be influenced by musically? Influence have gotten famous guitarists we know of today from the ever growing list of "100 Greatest..."

Who do you want to be influenced?
Who are you going to influence?

optisailor2002;bt99 said:
i want jeff beck's collection.

ok maybe 5 guitars out of his collection will be sufficient.

I think that's Gibson's promotional shot, not his personal collection ba....

Or maybe that's Gibson prototype of different variations for Jeff Beck...

I just want 3!

Latest posts

Back