Y'East MarineCove-the Worldtrade Amphitheater replacement

Is Y'East a replacement for WTC Amphi?

• yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • no

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

mikemann

Yes it's hard to believe but we have reached the ripe age of 1 Year Old!!!! Tonight at midnight, we are celebrating not only the countdown to 2007, but also the 1yr birthday of Mr Anthony's (Heartrock SG) almost weekly gig venue.

This year we have clocked more than 30gigs done during sat & sun at this venue which is basically an amphitheater layout too. It's free for bands to perform to the public, and also free for the public to watch too. Remeniensce of the old days World Trade Centre Amphitheater, which were also done in a similar fashion. If anyone can contribute to that history, please feel free to do so. (like how long it lasted, who were the organisers??) I was only an audience during those days for a couple of the shows. So can I? safely declare that Y'East @ Marine Cove is the defacto replacement to the WTC Amphi?

There were exciting, wonderful, dull, interesting and countless moments during the whole year. And I would like to take this opportunity to thank Mr Heartrock firstly, for believing in a dream and pursueing it relentlessly. Mr Azlan, Sharil, Izzar, and their gangs for the support and help they have given to the gigs, when I was shorthanded or not. All the guys who have contributed in bodily strength for logistics. And Definately all the performers who put in their own personal time and efforts to perform to the public. Apologies if there were any shortfall in my own effort as equipment supplier. Hope everyone have a wonderful and prosperous NEW YEAR!!!

Lastly, I know that there are countless other countdowns at even more happening places tonight. But if you want a place which is cosy, relaxed atmosphere, good music and performances, ample space for your whole family to spend the new year eve. PLEASE COME ON DOWN TO Y'EAST @MARINE COVE (go to eastcoast macdonalds, from 7pm and follow your ears), GRAB A GOOD SEAT EARLY!!!

Performances start at 7PM, with 4music programme and 1 magic show at 8pm. Emcee will countdown to the midnight for party commence.

and thank you mikemann for everything you have done for YEast....

i still remember.... sound expulsion was one of the first few bands which played in YEast.... it has grown better and stronger.... and mr heartrock is the one to thank..... many of the new bands had their first break at Yeast......

I hope Yeast will continue this tradition well into the new year and for many more years to come......

hey mikemann, thanks for the mention. we love that place lah haha, and the learning experience one gets from helping to set up musical equipment.
sorry couldn't attend the NYE bash over at Marine Cove..had drum duties over at Downtown East's Countdown for Say Whale.

and yeah the Marine cove amphitheatre is somewhat similar to WTC amphitheatre's weekly gigs. i remember looking forward to every weekend during secondary school to catch the bands and aspiring to be where they are right now.

but WTC one damn garang, haha...if it rained, all equipments were moved into the sheltered entrance to the old harbour pavilion and a gig was done without any soundman. very grunge. lol.

most memorable WTC moment : MYX Metal Assault album launch gig. :D

Back