Yamaha P95 vs Korg LP350 (need advices urgently)

yoyopanda

Hi everyone,

I am a newbie to digital piano...used to play one acoustic piano 10 years ago...

I needed a some urgent advices with regards to this two specific digital piano: Yamaha P95 and Korg LP350

I have personally went down to some music store to try them out and i found that there are a few pros and cons for each of them. Firstly i preferred the keyboard of Korg LP350 because it feels much more solid as compared to Yamaha P95. However in terms of sounding wise I feel that Yamaha P95 have a longer note and a more mellow tone which i really like when playing more mellow music. Thus i am greatly split in choosing the suitable one out of this two. And i also realised that Yamaha have amplifer of only 6W x 2, whereas Korg LP350 have 11W x 2 amplifer. Thus would like opinions on which to get. And in addition there are much more functions and voices on Korg LP350 as compared to Yamaha P95 which sounds really interesting. However in terms of "well-known", Yamaha seems to be more well known for their pianos which perhaps makes them sound more "piano-like"? Not too sure whether i am correct.

Quite urgent in getting one by this Wednesday.

Hope to hear some advices. Million Thanks.

I've not tried the LP350, so I can't comment on it. All I can say is that in the end, it's all up to personal preference. Yamaha digital piano is actually know for the touch, the higher-end P series better than the lower end. I'm surprised you find Yamaha sound mellow - the higher registers are actually very shrill (something I don't like). I never like the Korg piano sound or the touch, but as I said, I've never tried the LP350.

If budget allows, I would suggest the Yamaha CP300.

Back