SOLD WTS / WTT : Ibanez S421 (Fixed Bridge, 2 Humbuckers) Good Price!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have an Ibanez S421 in Blackberry Sunburst colour for sale. Made in Indonesia in 2012. Bought new from BGW at $509 this year. I still have the receipt.

Here are the specs :

neck type : Wizard III 3pc Maple neck
body : Mahogany body
fretboard : Rosewood fretboard w/Off-set dot inlay on 12th fret
fret : Jumbo frets
bridge : Gibraltar Standard bridge
neck pu : INF (H) neck pu
bridge pu : INF (H) bridge pu
hardware color : Cosmo black

Neck Dimensions
Scale : 648mm/25.5"
a : Width at Nut : 43mm
b : Width at Last Fret :58mm
c: Thickness at 1st : 19mm
d : Thickness at 12th : 21mm
Radius : 400mmR

More info from the Ibanez page. Do note that the black colour version isn't available locally :
Ibanez S421

Upgrades :
1) DiMarzio "The Breed" Neck pickup for the neck
2) DiMarzio "The Breed" Neck pickup (F-Spaced) for the bridge
3) MIJ 3-way pickup selector switch (replacing the original 5-way switch)
4) Orange cap installed

The original Ibanez pickups and 5-way pickup selector switch will be included in the sale.

It has been professionally setup very nicely with low action for gauge 10-46s

Some photos of the actual guitar :

Front+Close-up.jpg

Front+Full.jpg

Back+Close-up.jpg

Headstock+Back.jpg

Original+Pickups+and+5-way+Switch.jpg

Please note that there are 2 holes that have been drilled at one side of the guitar :

Holes+at+Side.jpg

The holes are diameter 5mm and are about 2cm deep. They do not penetrate into the control cavity and do not affect the structural integrity of the surrounding wood. Don't ask me why the holes are there lol...

Overall cosmetic condition I would say is 9.5/10.

Option 1 :
Get the guitar as is with the 2 DiMarzio pickups. Original pickups and 5-way switch will be included.
$450

Option 2 :
Get the guitar without the 2 DiMarzio pickups. You can test out the guitar first, and once you confirm the purchase, I will snip out the DiMarzios. Original pickups and 5-way switch will be included. You will need to do your own pickup installation.
$300

Option 3 :
If you have a nice boutique OD to trade for this, I can accept it as part of the payment, be it for Option 1 or 2. Top-up accordingly from your side.

Bag will not be included in the sale so kindly bring your own.

I can bring the guitar to any MRT convenient for you to test it out. If you have a portable amp to test the electronics that'll be great too. Otherwise you can just test the guitar first, and the electronics when you get home.

Please text me at 8288-9887 to deal. Please do not call as I will not be able to take your call during my working hours.

Thanks for viewing!

P.S. : Selling this nice axe only because I have moved over to 7-string! This is a great guitar for the money.

Last edited:
Btw just to clarify - the guitar was bought brand new from BGW Guitars, and the 2 holes at the side were drilled after I bought it from them :).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back