WTS Source Audio Multiwave Bass Distortion Pro

934792_10152706344178773_8389817184553819373_n.jpg

Clearing my Source Audio Multiwave Bass Distortion Pro after getting the multiwave 2. It's going for $150 with packaging and power supply and instruction manual. Message me at 9i997757 if you want it.

This is one of those pedals that in my opinion pretty much gets you everything you want for distorted bass. It goes from light drive to classic distortion to synth fuzz, and some settings even have an envelope filter-like feel. It also has a built in 7-band EQ, wet/dry blend and an adjustable noise gate that gives you complete silence between notes. Despite how weird some of the sounds are like, it actually sounds really good in the band mix. I know a lot of people are all like analog is always better than digital, but I'd say give this brand some serious consideration.

2 banks of three presets summoned by the three footswitches give you instant access to 6 presets, and distortion can be controlled by an expression pedal. Expression control is one of those things you never knew you needed until you try it.

I think the best feature of this pedal is how well it sits in the band mix. You get your lows and punch coming through, in addition to a gritty presence that you can increase or decrease with the blend. If you look it up on YouTube you can see it used on both extreme electronic synth stuff, but it's also used by classic rock bands like aerosmith.

You can see how I use the multiwave here:

Patches 2-3 (0:36 to 1:49 on the video) rely on the multiwave to get that aggressive synthy distortion, and I control using the expression pedal. This video uses the multiwave 2 instead of the multiwave pro, but the distortion is exactly the same, just without the EQ and less presets. I changed to the 2 since I wanted to save space since I don't need the presets (my presets are now MIDI controlled like in the video). I'd recommend the multiwave pro instead for people who just want one pedal to do all their tone shaping, since you can save many instantly accessible presets and have a good noise gate and blend.

Back