WTS: Maestro ED-3 (Solid Cedar Top, Fantastic Tone, Crazy Price)

Phil

Hi all,

selling off a beautiful Maestro ED-3 on the behalf of a friend.
As he is returning to the Philippines at the end of the month so he's looking for a quick and fuss-free sale.
This guitar is priced to sell, so please fire away.

Please note the following:
- dreadnought
- no cutaway
- solid AA grade cedar top
- rosewood back/sides

_________

Here is the official literature from the website to start things off with:
from: http://www.maestroguitars.com/products_3series.html

Our top model for the Elite Series, this guitar combines the strong warm character of the AA grade solid red cedar with the sweet mellow tone of Indian rosewood.
Rroducing a special blend of great projection, big sound and sweet overtones.
A slope-shoulder design with abalone inlay rosette and Grover tuners makes the 3 series a hallmark of quality.

_________

The slope-shoulder design is really something else, think along the lines of a J-45.
I can personally vouch for the projection and warm tones, the cedar really makes a difference here.
The notes have a very pleasant rounded quality to it, it's almost like that are plump and ripe.

The rosewood back and sides help with the overall warmth and sweetness.
Notes have a nice clarity and separation. When you strum big chords you can almost make out each individual note.

Projection-wise, this guitar is loud even though it has a lower tonal ceiling that spruce - which is inherent to cedar.
I would probably attribute this to the fact that this is a players' guitar, so it has been worked.
Also, my friend uses his Tone-rite on this - so this ED-3 can be said to be one seasoned pro.

Despite that, condition-wise it is pretty flawless. Comes with a clear pick-guard so there's nary a scratch on the body.
This guitar is seasoned but not abused, and I'd consider it a conservative 9/10 for external condition.
Fretboard and bridge has been well-maintained and regularly oiled.
No visible indents on the frets, many years of life left in them.
This ED-3 has been set-up and has a very low-action with absolutely no buzzing anywhere along the neck.

To sweeten the deal, my friend is throwing in the Maestro hard-case with hygrometer and lock/key.
It cost him $149.90 to purchase the case.

Price is set at $450 firm. First come, first serve, no reserves.
Here's an excellent chance for you to procure a beautifully made, wonderful sounding solid-top guitar that will only improve with time and playing.

Back