WTS: Jaime White Bone bass 5

kieran

Looking to sell off a Jaime White Bone Bass 5 string bass. One of the first few that he made apparently, seeing as to how the newer ones have a different shape. For the uninitiated, Jaime White is one of the luthiers at Taylor guitars, and he started building a couple of basses in his free time. He stopped making basses for quite some time due to his schedule and all but if I'm not wrong, he might be building basses once again.

This bass is 19 years old this year, has it's fair share of dings and plenty of mojo from it's previous owners. Perfect playing condition still though and electronics are working perfectly too.

- not too sure of body woods but the top looks like birdseye maple with some nice quilt to it.
- 5-piece neck-through, though I'm not too sure of the woods used.
- neck has dual truss rods in it.
- fretboard is wenge, and the wooden bridge saddles are also wenge.
- brass just-a-nut, like those found on old Warwicks, allowing very easy height adjustment at the nut and all for low action.
- Single Bartolini MM pickup
- controls are volume, blend, neck coil bass/treble stack, bridge coil bass/treble stack, neck coil mid-freq switch, bridge coil mid-freq switch.
- the mid-freq switches are 3-way, lo-mid/mid-mids/hi-mids.
- can be used in any combination, making it quite the versatile tonal monster.

Bass has been set-up by Malcolm with Sadowsky Blue Label Nickels. Frets have been dressed by Malcolm as well, no dead or choked frets here. Chord work is very nice all the way up the neck and rings out true.

It can get a very nice thick Stingray tone and also at the same time, it can get the growl that is usually associated with Warwicks, thanks to the variety and combination of exotic woods used.

Bass will come with the hardcase I got it with.

Images can be found here! -> http://www.flickr.com/photos/sebkieran/sets/72157627022997946/with/5860856596/

Looking to sell for $2.5k negotiable. Lowballers need not bother. Feel free to toss up trade bait, I'm currently open to just about anything, +/- cash as I see fit. Feel free to toss up any ideas, worst I can do is say no. :)

Last edited:
Back