Windows 7 stable enough for recording?

Should be OK. If your PC is dying, then it's worth the upgrade. If it's not dying, I wouldn't change anything for a while, especially if you have a project date-line. Just make sure your DAW software, plugins and audio hardware support it.

For me, I'm sticking with XP.
Newer microsoft OS seem to be geared more towards looks then usefulness, with vista as the ultimate example. Just get a new XP computer or something.

Win7 is the best Microsoft operating system..eva.

And this is coming from yours truly, an open-source advocate. I think one reason is because it looks and performs like my Linux desktop, except snappier, so it's a natural win right there.

It's been said that Windows 7 is better than a Mac in general.

Which tells us quite a bit about it! I lost the link to the comparison article though. Audio-wise I haven't tried it, but I haven't heard anything bad about it either!

It's great. It may be my imagination but stuff like Adobe Premiere and Sonar seem to run faster than in Vista. Especially Premiere.

dont make yourself look stupid
who is saying what is better here,
go find out what is system7 then come back to me

Currently using windows 7 x64, and it's quite a bit faster than vista, boot up time and all. It's really a lot more stable than Vista, even if its just released. However, regarding the use of recording programs like ProTools, I feel that XP and Mac OSX would be the wiser choice. Faster speeds compared to vista and 7 as seen in benchmarks.

Last edited:
Back