Win a Vox Satchurator?

Final Answer : Overdrive pedal

Just edit to add in name: Vox Amplification Ice 9 Overdrive

Last edited:
Final answer: CHORUS

YES MADE IT BY 3:59pm

EDIT: WTF HOW DID I NOT SEE THAT VIDEO BEFORE POSTING

Last edited:
Just before the clock strikes 4pm in a minutes time, I just wanna say that I would really be soooo disappointed if I don't win! I read that the contest will be closing at 4pm and I finally came to give my answer (which came from being a satch fan and some research, I can prove my answer without the use of any websites that unveiled the new pedal), but my answer got spoilt! And right after JOSH83 who obviously started a new account just to put in his answer came to give the same answer.

Coming from a long time city music customer and supporter, i really feel cheated.. :( and i really want to win this.

Sorry i had to rant.

Just before the clock strikes 4pm in a minutes time, I just wanna say that I would really be soooo disappointed if I don't win! I read that the contest will be closing at 4pm and I finally came to give my answer (which came from being a satch fan and some research, I can prove my answer without the use of any websites that unveiled the new pedal), but my answer got spoilt! And right after JOSH83 who obviously started a new account just to put in his answer came to give the same answer.

Coming from a long time city music customer and supporter, i really feel cheated.. :( and i really want to win this.

Sorry i had to rant.

Hey Skidrow,

Just to clarify i'm new to the forum, u are right. I registered in cos my friend told me there was this contest for this pedal and it is closing at 4pm tdy.

No hard feelings bro. Indeed i saw ur answer and thus i did a google on it and i confirmed the answer from this website

"www.gearwire.com/vox-ice9satrianioverdrive.html "

And thus City Music, pls feel free to forfeit my answer and let Skidrow win the contest. Cos i dun want any hard feelings down here. I admit i read his answer and thus i went check it up to confirmed it. All credit goes to SkidRow down here.

I juz want to apologized that if i have in any way offended u or made u displeased. Pls accept my apology cos after all i don't want to make enemies but friends. Sorry Bro. Hope my apology is accepted.

Ermm, its stated that the contest ends (ended) when vox officially announce(d) it wad (10am today local time) yar lor, rules are rules. and hmm i wonder how much the ice 9 will be haha, looks like a good buy.

Dang... what a low blow. I don't think many of us would have guessed overdrive because he already has the satchurator. I said chorus (and my 2nd choice would have been flange).

Hey everyone!

Yes the contest has ended, and many thanks to everyone who participated in this contest. Although we have stated in the rules that we needed at least 100 participants (we have about 70 now) for the prize giveaway to be valid, do give us sometime to review the situation and we will update the forums on whether there will be a winner or not.

As for now, presenting the Vox Ice 9!

ice9_lrg.jpg

Tentative Pricing
MSRP: S$200
Our Price: ???

Pre-orders will be open soon. Inquire with us should you wish to book yourself a unit and be one of the first in Singapore to get your hands on the ICE 9!

Stay tuned for videos more info...

JOSH83 : don't need to apologise bro, I would have done the same thing.
Was just being pissy cause I was really damn happy when I figured it was an overdrive pedal.
I guess none of us might even win, so well..

Anyway I have been following Satch's rig for a quite a while now, that why had the hutch that it would be a new overdrive pedal.

Please read the following!

I realised that he made quite a few changes to his pedalboard, especially for touring with his new band Chickenfoot.
His pedalboard is now somewhat simpler than before, and its interesting that he REALLY does uses his own signature pedals.

For dirt he uses 2 X Satchurators, one set for low gain and one for high, 2 X Time Machines one for short slapback and one for a longer delay setting, a Ibanez flanger, 2 Octave pedals, A POG and and micro POG I think.. For his chorus needs, he uses a Fulltone Deja Vibe, and sometimes a Roger Mayer Voodoo vibe. Oh, plus his Wah. And if you listen to Satch's new approach to effects and playing for Chickenfoot, I guess these are pretty much all the pedals he needs. (He got rid of the whammy and phase shifter pedals)

He might interchange around with his own array of pedals........

BUT ONE FINE DAYYYYYY LAST YEARRR, A NEW PEDAL APPEARED and I didn't thought too much about it at first. Saw this on a site I visit once in a while, Gear-Vault.

http://www.gear-vault.com/joe-satrianis-chickenfoot-pedalboard/

Anyways , you can see that there's a new white pedal in the same look as his other signature pedals.

Look closely as he took out one Satchurator, and there is only a single Satchurator left on the board. In addition, notice that his 'gain' knob on his single Satchurator is all the way on FULL in the picture. Hmmmm.

Even if the Satchurator boasts a good clean up, I don't think Satch would want only one dirt pedal in his board. So it is VERY LIKELY for it to be a new dirt pedal.

And I once watched a live rig demo somewhere on youtube on his rig, the 2 Satchurators really came out as noisy pedals.

He probably wanted another dirt pedal to complement his Satchurator, something quieter and with less gain.

Therefore, there you have it! An overdrive!

Quite a few softies guessed chorus, flanger and octave.

Why I thought it would not possibly be a chorus pedal : He has been using his Roger Mayer and Fulltone 'vibe' pedals for a long time now, plus there is already a Roger Mayer Voodoo vibe in the board, why would he put 2 chorus pedals in the same board?

Why not a flanger : There is already a flanger on board, he wouldn't use 2 flangers. Plus the design of the pedal would be odd for a flanger.. 2 footswitches and 4 knobs?.. and in white? not convincing..

Why not an octave pedal : Same, already 2 octave pedals on the very same board, design doesn't really match an octave pedal.

Well I really hope City music will pick a winner, because they didn't for the previous round! The one where we had to guess the correct amp!

And I hope the Ice9 will turn out great, and not just crafted towards his sound. We wouldn't mind a new great and cheap overdrive don't we. Cheers!

Last edited:
Yo, Thks Bro for the understanding. Yup, i saw the same pic too. Its is speculated new pedal. :)

Yea, Hope City Music would pick a winner for this contest cos at least all of us down here participated in it. It'll be some great perks for us here and definitely going to help continue build the good reputation that City Music already has. And wat's more, it'll also create the vibes and we can help spread the word ard that the new pedal is out. Word-of-mouth. :)

Cheers! Peace!

Back