<<爱过的人>> Friendly Competition

skystudios

hi to all ladies,

do you like the song 爱过的人?
would you like to challenge Alexa's ceiling breaking record of 1017 thread views in SOFT forum?

regardless of race, weight, height, looks, Voice type or accent.
Chinese language is a must!

here's your chance!

kindly email to skystudios101@gmail.com your

1. Full Name
2. Gender : Female
3. Age (16 - 65)
4. hp number
5. self intro
6. photo of yourself
7. mp3 or link to your singing of a mandosong
8. your key - same as Alexa (D Major) , higher or lower by how many semitones

(all fields must be filled to qualify, incomplete submission will be kived or disqualified)

We will email you the minus1 of 爱过的人 in the correct key you ask for, plus the lyrics.

Do the following:

A) Import the minus1 into your audio editor
B) create an audio track
C) sing your version (minimize all background noise)
D) export the final product in mp3 format (no others please),
E) email back to skystudios101@gmail.com
F) post a copy in THIS thread, live streaming eg...using reverbnation, soundcloud, youtube etc. You may choose to stream just audio, or post video, with or without your face.
(all steps must be done)

that's it and you would have successfully submitted a valid entry.

Competition date is from 7th March (Thu) to 6th April 2019 (Sat).
Each person may only submit one (1) entry.

No guys pretending to be a woman, please.

The prize: Winner of this friendly will be awarded a SkyStudios project to sing an original - Mando or Western depending on your Voice type, accent, dynamics and techniques. (you must be at least 16yo and not more than 35yo to qualify for the prize. If the winner is above 35yo, then the runner-up who is within the age range will be awarded the project, so on...) Other opportunites like social media exposure, live band & gigs might also follow, if you are suitable.

Judging panel: Sky (Producer), Lemon (Artiste Manager)
decision is final and appeals will not be entertained.
Result: Sometime in April 2019. will announce again.

we are searching for the next Wan Er 婉儿 .

hear ya!

^ ^
Sky
Producer
SkyStudios
07mar19H

p/s: by submitting, you agree to authorize SkyStudios to use your name, photos, medias for marketing purpose in the competition. Your contact details will be kept confidential.

Last edited:
WanEr_Album.jpg

Wan Er 婉儿 - 爱过的人
recruited by SkyStudios via demo audition in March 2018

Last edited:
Note: if the winner is 36yo and above, we will issue a Certificate of Achievement with SkyStudios Logo, and my personal signature.

Winner who is 16-35yo will get the Cert plus the Recording Project.

Apologies ladies, we are grooming the younger generation so we can only award projects to our targeted age niche.

Aunties can join 黄金年华 and get Cash prizes from Mediacorp.

^ ^
Sky

Last edited:
so Sky,

If I took part and win this friendly, and I am below 35,
will you take me out for dinner and teach me how to write Chinese lyrics?

Mel

hi Mel,

I have to remain impartial and award you the cert plus the project only, if you win.

You may, however, hire me as a lyricist coach separately and class can be conducted in a fast food restaurant of your choice, eg. M . Each lesson 45mins. Rates can be agreed mutually.

Happy Women's Day !

^ ^
Sky
skystudios101@gmail.com
08mar19F

Last edited:
Audrey

I felt you could shine in the original key, not that i am unfair... haha

I suddenly feel it is better for all contestants to start a new thread in this section [All About Singing] such that
the thread views would be the indicator for popularity vote, which will take up 30% of the final score.

after all contestants submitted, the highest thread view (eg 1500, would be used as 100% - meaning 30 full marks.
the rest, say 1000 thread views, would be 66.6% - meaning 2/3 x 30 = 20 marks.

Then the 2nd component is as follows: 70%

Judging Criteria
30% Soft thread views
30% - pitching
20% - rhythm sense
10% - diction

5% - accent
3% - groove
2% - feminity
1% - charisma

Total - 100%

Judging Panel - MAC (Music Artistes Connection)
Sky - Producer
Lemon - Artiste Manager

p/s: Audrey, please start your new thread in [All About Singing] on your submission of 爱过的人

trivia:
ALL CONTESTANTS, you do not need amplifiers for me to hear you, i will be impartial over volumes, unlike some shaddy people backed by some ministry in some auditions. That Chief panelist (Taiwanese dumbass - Bo Chun 吴尊 lookalike) 's ears must have been broken to fail me in busking.

Just because I posted the song 离险龙 in soft forum, and you are scared i busk it in Orchard? I did not audition with 离险龙.
I sang We are the World and Heal the World... and I sang very LOUD...with my Guitarlele

If, amplifer was a must, why wasn't it announced during briefing. And why did Unearthed Productions send me an SMS asking me to 'Hone my skills and come back again". Either party must have lied. Wana go court? I will see you in STATE Courts over this if you dare, Bo Chun. The whole audition is being videoed and archived by your department.

hint: the deadline of the friendly is 6th April 2019 (Sat). The faster you participate and put up your online streaming, probably the HIGHER your thread views will be, and thus the first 30% marks.

Last edited:
Amendment #1

after all contestants submitted, the highest thread view (eg 1500, would be treated as 100% of that 30% - meaning 30 full marks.
the rest, say 1000 thread views, would be 1000/1500 or 66.6% of that 30 marks - meaning 2/3 x 30 = 20 marks.

Then the 2nd component is as follows: 70% broken up into 7 components.

Last edited:
Back