Will 1 new bridge pickup affect overall tone?

Hi there,

Anyone knows if 1 new bridge pickup affects the overall tone on the guitar?

It depends... If you are using a guitar with 5pickup switch, it will only affect your bridge(duh) and the (bridge and middle) tone. If you are using a 3 pickup guitar, it will also affect your middle tone and bridge tone.. Like I put a super distortion into my tele with the stock neck.. and the middle tone sounds like very hollow... so it's important to get a matching pair..

Ohh okay!any idea wad the tone wud sound like with those PUs?

i like the 59's in the bridge position actually. fits nicely in the PAF camp, but with more winds so it has a tad higher output than a normal PAF humbucker.

on the neck position, i honestly cannot comment, because of personal tone preference, i do not fancy the 59' JB combo.

Well i guess i have to try it out since its my first time changing PUs and see wad tone suits my style.thx for d info and stuff.much appreciated :p

yeah do note, testing a guitar with that pickup combi wont really be an accurate gauge of how the pickups sound. u have to take into consideration the amp that u're testing, the guitar u're using to test, the wood and everything.

Back