Why record companies won't help your band here

Always this issue about not supporting the local acts... ZZzzzz.. Why must people always blame the public for not supporting them..
1. You seriously think that your music is worth buying?
2. Your performance is worth taking our time to go down and have a look?
3. There are so many local bands trying to make it.. Why must i choose yours..
4. If i support 5 local acts.. You know how much time and money i have to put in?
5. The list can go on..

My humble opinion is, if your music is good, it is good.. Public listens to what they want to hear. Doesnt matter if u are black or white! (or yellow or brown or whatever...)

The next thing is image.. Seriously u may argue that "we are serious musician". We only wanna do music, not be pussies and have a band makeover.. The truth is, image sells.. It is a plus point.. Even those mega band have an image.. Whatever image it may be.. They look presentable.. I seen some local bands in sandals and flipflops.. Totally a turn off.. And their music isn't that good to begin with..

We appreciate good music. Full Stop.. Nothing more.. Nothing less. Doesnt matter which nation the band comes from.. So please please please.. Stop blaming the majority of the public listeners.. Maybe your music is too unique to be appreciated by the majority.. You can't blame us.. We just have different tastes..

Last edited:
1. You seriously think that your music is worth buying?
2. Your performance is worth taking our time to go down and have a look?
3. There are so many local bands trying to make it.. Why must i choose yours..
4. If i support 5 local acts.. You know how much time and money i have to put in?
5. The list can go on..

I totally agree.. :)

Bands/ singers(any) could it be International or Local..

Bands should write good songs.. thats hw ppl will support ur music..

be it any music, Mainstream type or Underground..

Different people are into different genre..

Like for the current market in singapore i would say is "indie" correct me if im wrong..

well im not telling bands to change genre or anything.. if that happends,then that would be a sellout..

If ur playing a particular genre..

then u must write good songs.. so that people who are into that genre might support u.. cause ur music is nice.. and good.. :)

if not.. even if their into ur genre.. and ur music is not really that good..
they may not even support u..

image is a 2nd thing..

u gotta play alot of shows.. so that ppl would recognise u..

then.. if alot of people like u..

then maybe getting a label would be easy..

u gotta be successful in ur own country then u can be successful in other country..

but if...

ur playing a certain genre.. which is appreciated more in other country than ur.. own.. then tough luck pal..

maybe exchange demos with outside bands.. get recognise..

but if ur still dying to play that particular genre which not appreciated much here..

then.. people who appreciate u gotta support u all the way..

U CAN'T BLAME PEOPLE FOR NOT COMING TO YOUR SHOW OR BUYING UR MUSIC..

PEOPLE (or fans) ARE YOUR REVENUE FOR UR BAND!!

WITHOUT THEM, UR NOTHING..

SO STOP BLAMING ON LOCAL THAT DIDNT SUPPORT LOCAL BANDS..

If local bands didnt get support..
Maybe they just sucked, or didnt write good songs..

To me.. live and loaded is not enough..

People might watch it.. hear the bands name.. and then forgotten all about it the next day..

If only a famous organiser in singapore who love music that much can host a big show.. for most local bands to perform either mainstream bands or underground..

Thats my opinions.. :)

Latest posts

Back