Who has tried the tyler variax at Citymuic?

Victorinox

Hey folks,

So anyone tried the tyler variax at Citymuic and what did you think?

Or better still, anyone bought one?

Cheers.

Vic

i bought the jtv 89. have it for at least a month already. Excellent guitar , worth every cent. The modelled sounds are good and preety authentic. The strat sounds almost identical to my suhr. Can't really hear the digital artifacts when down tuning as compared to the original variax. The magnetic pickups sound really good. Too lazy to do a full review here, lots of them over at youtube. Most importantly have had no hardware problems yet since having the guitar also not much problems being reported over the net which is a gd thing. Previous version of the variax had lots of issues.

my variax
ee4.jpg

check out the neck heel

b65.jpg

Finally someone gives an opinion. I thought they would be selling like hot cakes but perhaps its not that popular.

When you say pretty authentic, does that mean you can still tell it is a modelling guitar in a blindfold test?

Cheers.

Can't really tell. In fact played this once at church, my friend couldn't believe the tones coming out. Had to take a second look to confirm that i did not change guitars. Do a youtube search on jtv variax vs ...... And listen to the comparisons. Even with distortion sounds decent too, although i just switch to the magnetic pickups for that.

Did consider getting the 69 as well, but have too many guitars and currently not playing often enough to justify getting another one. The droptune feature has been a lifesaver for me as well. Especially when the singer requests for a lower key and all the riffs are written in a certain key. Works better than the morpheus droptune for this purpose. ( less digital artifacts).

If your'e considering buying, get while the sale is still on. I bought mine for about $1800, the 59 and 69 models were also not available in singapore yet.

i tried it at ebenex. they had the strat version. the stock pickups werent great (to me) and the modelling sounds were so-so.

but

the neck and playability was out of this world! probably the most playable strat i have played that that includes some don groshes, fenders, and vinettos that i have tried.

its worth the money to me. i would have bought the guitar without the modelling but with better stock pickups but thats just me

Back