Which tune has the best legato playing ever?

Uh... I can't recall but there's an old Richie Kotzen tune, when he was into fusion shred, it was amazing. The whole piece was a shredfest, all legato but very tastefully done.

Holdsworth is the undisputed legato player though... he's ridiculously technical but his phrases all tell a story, its fabulously DEEP! I mean, Paul Gilbert sounds like a child when you listen to Holdsworth's playing. So many moods, feelings he can invoke at inhuman speeds.

legato styled solos - personal fav here.

quid_pro_quo.jpg

Joe Satriani.

His legato playing is very musical, intense, taseful.

But most importantly, its listenable. :D

Paulo said:
legato styled solos - personal fav here.

quid_pro_quo.jpg

+1 to that, Garsed's left and right hand technique is astounding which gives him the possibility for wide intervallic tones......I especially dig his Big Sky solo album :)

For pure legato, Holdsworth ranks top of my list. It's just 1 word, insane.

Allan Holdsworth without a doubt.

Garsed is pretty good as well...

But one guy who doesn't get much mention is his partner in crime, T.J. Helmerich...that guy is an absolute monster.

For biting the pick and that whatever all fingers on neck lateral tapping with such phrasing and style on the Stein? Hard to miss him hehehe, just happens that Garsed's personal album spoke more to me....then again these few players don't really get any mention on this forum at all :lol:

SoulJah said:
But one guy who doesn't get much mention is his partner in crime, T.J. Helmerich...that guy is an absolute monster.

yeah TJ is a monster too. i like the dual guitar interplay on their Brett/TJ collab stuff. Quid Pro Quo.

Back