Which Bridges are better.. HELP

daslasher375

HI softies, Currently, I just got a Mockingbird Bronze with a one piece adjustable bridge, (If i'm not wrong it's also called a wraparound bridge), Honestly, the guitar as a whole is good, but the bridge sucks, worse than my SX les paul which i just set up myself and yay all the buzzes are gone. Firstly, the one piece adjustable bridge is quite close to the pickups and therefore it's tension is fairly heavy. The screws are hard to adjust to lower down the whole thing and to lower its action. The neck is warped too, as i suspect the heavy tension from the bridge is to blame.

I love Les Pauls and therefore, I want to change the bridge of my mockingbird, so can u guys recommend me whether is it better to change to a tune-o-matic n stopbar bridge or get a better one piece adjustable bridge, in terms of string tension, intonation and action? I also would want to know where in Singapore can i get Kahler Tremolos, cos if i'm not wrong i saw Davis selling it at the glass tables near the entrance.

HELP!!!

Davies guitar, lots of Kahlers

I dont think a bridge can cause "heavy tension" and cause a neck to warp
cause any bridge's function is just to anchor the strings to that end of the body.
So no matter what bridge you put, all things being equal.. the tension will be the same.

Regarding difficulty adjusting the screws, did you loosen the strings b4 adjusting?
That should help a bit.

Last edited:
Back