Which bass amp do u prefer?

cliffburton

Hey,

Im wondering which bass amp do u prefer? I have try out hartke head, ampeg, head, peavey combo and marshall bass state.. And i prefer Marshall Bass state.. Due to its warm and deep sounding.. I dunno how to explain it but i like the sound.. What amp do u prefer? I still haven try trace elliot and others like swr or eden or...

Thanks

The 2 that interest me now are Thunderfunk and Markbass. Really GAS-inducing .

Of those I've tried so far, the Eden is the one that I've liked the most.

i like the grit an ampeg seems to add to my jazz and precision basses.
ashdown is good too but eden doesn't seem to do much for me. really hate hartke with the metal cones. too bright for me.
haven't had the chance to try out thunderfunk or markbass.

Hartke has a very punchy nice tone to it but its not the right sound for my genre of playing which is heavy metal/rock, so i prefer the marshall bass state more or ampeg even more.. I haven tried ashdown, maybe only once during a gig, and i dun seem to like the sound.
I would like to try eden and other stuff but i guess the only way to try is in the shop right? i dun think any jammin studio stock them...

i tried a line 6 (rather old one at tiet) one before, pretty decent one, and used the overdrive channel to play a bit of muse-y stuff, but dont really like the tone coz it can sound like fart sometimes.

my school has a bass amp and it's really good. forgot what brand it is, but i'll check it out...

recently i just bought a hartke A70.
very nice. i recommend it.
pretty cheap too. sounds better then the line 6.

i'm leaning more to hartke now as well actually, very hifi sound, which i think complements the music that i'm playing.

but holy sh1t guys u gotta check this out from Ampeg, fresh off from NAMM 2008!!

IMG_5475.jpg

IMG_5477.jpg

http://www.ampeg.com/products/classic/svtmicro/index.html

it's so cute!!!!

yea man!!!! i was hoping to find a bass mini stack after i saw the marshall ones for guitar. WOOHOO

but knowing ampeg, its gonna be pricey

I use an Ashdown Superfly for bass amping duties, very Hifi but still has a warmthness in it, powerful EQing small and pretty light..

the amp will look better if the girl in short skirt was posing with it instead of turning her back.
(sorry for this useless post but i'm so tempted :D )

Well you can see the prices there: 300 for cab, 400 for amp.

USD$700 altogether. i'd rather get a combo.

My favourite bass amps are Ampegs. I don't know why cuz i usually play the guitar but for the few times I played bass at jamming studios, I find Ampegs are teh sekz. I can't remember which models I've tried though. hey just sound deep and bassy and they only peak at higher volumes (maybe cuz of the higher wattage ratings).

Are the metallic cones of Hartake cabs that good? Don't they tend to sound bright?

Last edited:
ibanez... =]
i just find the sound really really.. (how to say this) ..awesome. :D
just feel as though it travels through my head..

Guys, any good recommendation for amp that cost $100 to $200? I'm looking for 60 to 75 watts with price within that cost.

Back