Where to get SX Precision Bass?

ZiqBassist

I wanna buy SX Precision bass. Can anyone tell me where to buy them and how much is the price?
What colourway do they have? I want to buy an SX Precision Bass cause I do not have so much money to buy a bass like Ibanez or Fender and etc.
Are SX bass the best cheap bass or are there any other bass that are better but still cheap?

The rate that you're starting threads, seems you have a lot of questions. I think it would do you good to visit a brick & mortar shop and speak to someone in-person. Save you the trouble of asking the wrong questions.

If memory serves, Davis at Penin or Ranking at Bras Basah should stock SX instruments. The folks at Davis should be able to answer your questions about brands, instruments and pickups as well.

Well, I'm sorry if I caused any disturbance, but the problem is, before I post this or the post regarding pickups, I already emailed Davis but they said they didnt have the pickups of that model or the SX P bass. I'm really sorry.
Anyway, what is brick & mortar shop?

What'd your budget be? I'd always recommend buying used instruments, firstly they're a fraction of the price and secondly, it's been broken in (don't mean broken in half, but bad notes played out). If I'm not wrong, there's a fellow softie BassmentOne who has a P bass in black for under $200 in the classifieds. Check it out! :D

Well, I'm sorry if I caused any disturbance, but the problem is, before I post this or the post regarding pickups, I already emailed Davis but they said they didnt have the pickups of that model or the SX P bass. I'm really sorry.
Anyway, what is brick & mortar shop?
Nothing to be sorry about, I genuinely mean that speaking to a sales person face-to-face will be very helpful to you. e.g. instead of asking a few times "Where can I buy abc brand instrument?" "Where can I buy xyz type pickups?" only to lead to dead ends - beyond budget, or worse after you buy it it turns out to be the wrong kind (and then we might get blamed for it!), a salesperson in a store can answer you directly, and might even make other suggestions after they get a feel of what you're really after.

A 'brick and mortar store' refers to a physical shop, surrounded by walls in a leased or owned space. As compared to an online store. So what I mean is you should physically visit a shop in-person and speak to people, because emailing back and forth, or posting question threads is a slow process that might not point you in the right direction after all.

I recall in another thread of yours there was mention of Craftsman basses. I think you should look at those to start. Good quality and relatively very cheap. City Music at Peace Ctr is a distributor. City Music also has one of the most helpful sales staff around. For musical instruments, don't be too concerned with "big name" brand, especially when just starting out.

If u dnt mind J bass then u can go to tymc at peninsula and look for Bacchus bass. Plays well, sounds gd imho, below 500

I'm not just starting to learn bass. I played bass a long time now, in a band, play Metal and Punk Rock songs. So I think it is not wise for me to buy starter bass.

I'm not just starting to learn bass. I played bass a long time now, in a band, play Metal and Punk Rock songs. So I think it is not wise for me to buy starter bass.

it's the player and not the bass dude.

i still have my starter bass with me and it's my most played bass out of my 4 basses.

OK so this clarifies the style, and the preference for a P Bass.
What's your budget, and what is your current bass? (Or what was your last bass if you don't have one now)

I have Ashton Ab-900 bass (bought 2nd hand from this website for $80). Now my budget is somewhere around $250. I'm not so rich so yeah thats all.

It's a type of rosewood.

Interesting fact: it takes fewer keystrokes to Google 'sonokeling' than to type "What the hell is that?". It's also less rude. :p

A couple of weeks ago... EBENEX 4th floor at BB was selling SX Bass at 198.... and Another softie bassement.one (bASS FOR SALE) was sellling a few budget basses too, i am hoping to get one from him next week after my son PSLE...

If you could stretch a little bit more, you can find a Squier P bass just over 300.
And they are quite decent basses IMHO. A little inconsistent perhaps, but try a few and you'll find a good neck.

Back