Where to buy imported CDs & DVDs?

joyc

Hey guys,
I was lookin ard for Liquid Drum theater in HMV couple of weeks ago, and nearly fainted at the price these people quote. Almost $100 for the DVD. Plus the other harder to get stuff like drumming instructional videos and stuff.

Just wondering where do you all shop for your music? Any lesser known but good CD shops?

I'd have bought my stuff in the States when i was there if I'd had more time, unfortunately that didn't happen and i only managed to grab Octavarium.

Any good shop recommendations?

u can get inokii [far east plaza] to order for u...price depends on item..but definately cheaper than HMV...

may not be...

Normally,
when buying online for overseas album (such as US, Japan, UK...etc),
Sometime it will be cheaper.
Few notes to take while buying online from overseas.

1. Buy more CDs/DVDs at one time. The ratio of shipping charge to CDs/DVDs will be reduced.

2. Compare total price from few different websites before place order. (some of the website include the handling charges to the items price, some only calculate it as a whole order)

3. If there are free delivery available in the country of origin, try consider VPOST. they provide you a oversea address. and charge you the delivery charge from there to singapore.

you can buy from website on [Yahoo, Amazon, hmv] (from the country of the origin of that album), or www.yesasia.com...etc

there are a lot of website available.

joyc said:
Any good shop recommendations?

states cheaper also..i bought my vai at the astoria for only USD14 lol..but most of their cd shops only carry more popular titles like ours..not much rare stuff.

hmm... i tried to buy online once from Amazon, and it still adds up to a lot.. buying in bulk is feasible. maybe can share huh?

any online stores that you frequent? Yeah, i'm thinking of using vpost or comgateway.com. Honestly, it's a pain figuring out who ships to singapiore and who doesn't, same with the music stores for equipt. :roll:

wow! that's a long list... thanks!

I heard someone said to go to peace centre or paradiz centre if wanna find rock CDs.

Have any inkling?

Sad to say, I'm always lost in Singapore...

I actually do alot of imports from the states for all my friends. So I buy in bulk to bring down shipping. I do it frequently, about 1-2 orders a month depending on the number of ppl ordering through me. I try to get the best possible combination to bring prices/shipping costs down, I've even developed a simple system to calculate costs from multiple online stores to compare shipping and how I can achieve lowest cost. If you really want to get an import cd, just drop me a mail at woodstock94_saugerties@hotmail.com. I'll try to look for the cd and quote you.

I'm not basing my livelihood off this, I do it because I buy hell lot of cds, and like you mentioned, stores in Singapore that carry imports(well metal imports in my case) are charging exhorbitant prices. In fact, I wrote a complaint/economic review for a major cd store here to remind them that with those prices, their stock will never move. And true enough 3 years have passed and cds I earmarked for them, are still sitting at their stores at the SAME price. It is to the point of being ridiculous.

Thankfully, there're simpler alternatives. With online stores, there is no need for a shop to peddle your ware. So if any of you have cds(Imports only, cds with no local pressing) in mind, just mail me, I'll source for them. It is surely cheaper than those at major stores.

Back