where is the best place to learn guitar?

if where, u can look for beez or any reliable teachers available in the subforum in soft
if what, u can just find any tabs and scores for any song u like and try playing it, play it slowly first if u cant handle it in the normal speed

All I can say is try out a guitar course or guitar teacher for 2 months... Never ever commit to 6 months duration course... Cos there are some music schools in Singapore like The Music Lab, with unstructured teaching and you find that the teacher keeps teaching the same thing over and over again. At the end of the 6 months, you realised that you paid for 6 months of lessons for 1 month of content... That's for acoustic or electric guitar lessons.. Do not ever go to that school... Good players does not equate to good teachers...

Look for reputable teachers and not just any tom-dick-harry. Reputable teachers are people like (but not limited to) Paul Danial, Dhalif, Simon Yong, Simon Lai.

It's entirely possible to learn it yourself. Like someone else said, justinguitar.com is a good resource. I learned a lot from his videos when I was starting.

Ultimately it's all up to how much you want to practice. I practiced 3-4 hours a day (it drove my parents crazy, yes) and progressed quite quickly.

I suggest using power tabs/guitar pro tabs to learn faster. Regular ASCII tabs are a pain to read and don't tell you much about rhythm. I run a site at http://canary.fm that'll let you read them for free. It's pre-release right now but do check it out.

or you want study under rosli masor? the great and only rosli? i can get you his number, my bass teacher is a friend of his, btw did i tell you he endorsed yamaha guitars?

or you want study under rosli masor? the great and only rosli? i can get you his number, my bass teacher is a friend of his, btw did i tell you he endorsed yamaha guitars?

Now he does laney, providence effects and pedaltrain too. i learnt under his band's rhythm guitarist.

Ultimately it's all up to how much you want to practice. I practiced 3-4 hours a day (it drove my parents crazy, yes) and progressed quite quickly.

Get an Amplug or an amp with headphone jack, so you can practice at the comfort of your own ears and etc without disturbing your parents or neighbours.

To the Topic Creator:
Also, look at some oldies (songs, I mean), they're good for learning. And if you want reputable teacher, try Yamaha or the Justin Guitar guy is pretty good, actually! I mean, his YouTube lessons are good so you may want to check him out. If you want face-to-face then try the Teacher section.

Also, how much do you intend to pay for your lessons?

Hey I would like to warn you guys about The Music Lab. In case anyone is still deciding whether or not to take lessons there, I took lessons for about a year last year but decided to leave after they repeatedly failed to inform me that my lesson had been cancelled. I would arrive punctually at the centre with my instrument all ready for my lesson, only to be informed by the admin that my instructor would not be coming in - very obviously the centre's fault. This happened a total of 3 times. I finally left because they let it happen twice in a single week, and one of the front desk admins (they kept changing) was particularly insincere and offered no apology which just made things worse. I've been trying to claim back the fees for my last lesson which was not carried out by no fault of mine, but they (I think another front desk admin handling the email account who did not leave a name, very professional indeed) have been unhelpful so far - they provided an insincere and generic reply saying that no records have been kept.

If it is indeed true that no records have been kept of both my activities and the instructor's activities at the centre, this is a sign that the business is falling down from within. Such lax attitudes towards record-keeping can only mean trouble for the consumer. If, on the other hand, they have been keeping records but have lied to avoid providing a refund (and I have reason to suspect that this is true because I signed off after every lesson without fail), then this is plain dishonesty. The money itself is a small sum and I would have let it go if they had given a sincere and detailed explanation and apology. Unfortunately, they have been uncooperative and consistent in ignoring my requests. If and only if you are okay with issues like this, go ahead and sign up.

They claim they cannot find my records. Even if I complain to CASE it will be hard to argue. Something is wrong with that place, I don't understand how records can suddenly up and disappear. Yeah so go ahead and sign up, but who knows maybe one day you'll find that the centre has either lost or deliberately destroyed your records, thus preventing you from ever claiming back your deposit.

Back