where 2 buy used electric guitar????

Tamil_Tiger

does anybody noe where 2 buy used electric guitars???? and what is humbucking????
icon_eek.gif

welcome, my feline friend
icon_cool.gif

chances are, you won´t get a used guitar/ bass in the shops easily. the only place where i know these pieces go on sale, is Cash Converter (Tampines/ Toa Payoh) but i recommend you against buying the stuff there. why not refer to the SOFT ads here, there´s a ready market for some used stuff.

humbucking-humbucker- hum buck- means to stop the hum. this is a pickup with 2 single coil units wound together to cancel out the hum- ´buck´ (stop) the hum. the humbucker was invented by Seth Lover (R.I.P)
icon_smile.gif

<font size=-1>[ Edited by subversion On Date _MONTHDATETIME ]</font>

<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>

On 2003-03-31 14:17, subversion wrote:

welcome, my feline friend
icon_cool.gif

chances are, you won´t get a used guitar/ bass in the shops easily. the only place where i know these pieces go on sale, is Cash Converter (Tampines/ Toa Payoh) but i recommend you against buying the stuff there. why not refer to the SOFT ads here, there´s a ready market for some used stuff.

humbucking-humbucker- hum buck- means to stop the hum. this is a pickup with 2 single coil units wound together to cancel out the hum- ´buck´ (stop) the hum. the humbucker was invented by Seth Lover (R.I.P)
icon_smile.gif

</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

what is cash converter??thanx 4 replying anywayz....
icon_biggrin.gif
icon_biggrin.gif

What´s up?

I remeber when they first started they got this Gibson SG for sale...too pricey though. Its this place that sells 2nd hand stuff...from CDs to instrument to juz about anything.

-Beast

hi subversion...

gotta disagree with ur morphology on humbuckers. i think its the attachment of suffix "er" or "ing" to the verb "buck" to obtain "buck -er/-ing" (bucker/bucking to mean remover/ing) and this is then added to the word "hum" to get humbucker (or humbucking)!
icon_biggrin.gif

basically means that this pickup removes hum. a very basic guide on pickups is that most guitars have either "single-coil" or "humbucker" pickups.

single-coils sound softer and more trebly(more twang), and hum at high volumes or when there is electro magnetic interference

humbuckers sound louder and have more mids (fatter), and hum much less.

there are other kinds of pickups but these are ur the 2 most common so...

anyway for 2nd hand guitars think websites like those mentioned above are ur best choices.
icon_smile.gif

my fault for not explaining. i merely list these words in association. ie just to tell the reader that these words are related. i have no intended indulgence in linguistic morphology anyways... i see that you´ve covered the tutorial part. kudos.

<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>

my fault for not explaining. i merely list these words in association. ie just to tell the reader that these words are related. i have no intended indulgence in linguistic morphology anyways... i see that you´ve covered the tutorial part. kudos.

</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

icon_biggrin.gif

Back