when changing bass strings

namelessone

when changing bass strings will the action be reset? cause i've adjusted my action and my current strings are close to the fret board. but they are rusty and i want to change them
noob

String changing

No, there will not be a difference in your action. Because the action is determined by the saddle heights. But make sure you get the Same gauge of strings if you want to retain your current setup. Changing the gauge i.e. the thickness of the string. Will of course change your action. = )

depends.

if you remove all strings simultaneously, the neck might warp a little. upon re-stringing, the original action might not be restored.

i think logically speaking strings made of materials of different density and constructed using different techniques will have different tensions, even if they are the same gauge

in the first place you won't remove all the strings at once.
the pressure difference is very slight and shouldn't cause THAT much of a different.
the different in string material, there's a very slight difference in the string pressure.

so... the action is changed but probably so insignificant you won't really feel it.

Back