Whats a good name for a Jam?

lazius

Hey dudes and dudesses

Am looking to start a new Jam session...I am hoping it will become a monthly affair..first one will probably happen in first week of June...To be announced.

The purpose is really for all musicians to meet and just have a hell of a good time just for fun...even if you're in a band it doesn't matter there no commitments to this..and actually to be honest if you're looking for a band member it wil be a good opportunity to meet new people and play with dem :)

...so am trying to find a good name for dem and wanted to ask you guyz for some suggestions...I heard that Power Jams was already taken..so what about Monkey Jams......Jam Raw....Jam attack...or Killer Jams?

Any suggestions any one?

PLease email me at lazius_kaye@yahoo.com or call or simply reply to the thread in the musicians wanted section to take part for the jam, its gona be free.

lazius jam.

what happens when you get 1 death metal guitarist, 1 punk guitarist,1 jazz drummer, 1 be bop bassist, 1 R & B singer and 1 ska keyboard player jammin?

it's not that weird,you just gotta place aside your differences...it's like the Desert Sessions by Josh Homme...he jams with people like Jeordie White to PJ Harvey to anyone...I mean,you just NEED NOT be too restricted to a certain genre and let it control you when you need to be creative..

In have similar sessions,that comes up and goes away from time to time...it's cool coz sometime people that you think won't be good in music just shines at creativity...eventhough sometimes it turns out nonsense...it does in a weird sense expands your musical creativity the next time you write songs on yourself..

urmm..but y'know..is this jamming on cover songs? or just free jamming thing?

FGL..I have learnt that things will manifest themsselves on their own..no need to have a super organised jam...just when you come say 'Hi...am x"....if you feel you have somethin decent to add to a song someone is playing then just plug in and play other wise we'll take turns...this goes for instance if we have multiple guitarists, bassists, kboards, drums...ect.....(however if multiple bassists and guitarist+kboards are playing, it ccould also produce something unique too:)!

In regards to musical genres, its exactly those differenced that will make the event unique and more exciting for everyone...if some of you guyz are better at your instrument then its a great opportunity to teach more beginer level players who might be attending, which to be honest I am hoping they would turn up too as it would be a good opp for them to learn how to play with others as opposed to playing with a tape...and as such they will progress as a musician....

This jam is really about people musicians meeting other musicians, and it will be its first, we'll just have to learn from the first experience in order to better the next ones.

Alright more names guys!!!...I'll announce the date for the Jam tomorrow

aiyah why not u hold this year's SOFT guitarists jam session (with permission from james) lah!

not like there wasnt the official drummers jam session last time.

Jam Bun..haha

more names guyz!!...what about......Panda Jam....or....Jedi Jam?.......Pearl Jam...oops sorry thats a band...:).......Spider Jam.....Spam Jam...Bat jam....Starsky and Jam........

Back