What do local bands want?

bernardgoh

I'm just wondering what does most local musicians want or think is important. having fame or having people to like their music??? I'm just wondering now as i'm seeing more musicians/bands is getting their images(visually) right but not their music.
any comments or thought? :)

To sell.. You'll need both a consistent and cool image and good music. Good music isn't really needed though in today's music industry. You know what I mean...

1) To write and play good music that you enjoy

2) To put out records you can be proud of

3) To have as much fun as possible on stage

4) To make a difference to as many people as possible, at the deepest possible level

5) To feel like it's all worth it

"it" being everything that you have to give up to chase your dreams.

Last edited:
To get our music out of our bedrooms...let 'em be heard.
Get gigs...doesnt have to be a paid one...
Maybe all we want is to showcase wad we have...

i still think too many local bands actually have no idea what they want.

either that, or they set goals that are way out of reach and very unrealistic.

if i had a choice the first is to make music than is unforgetable in terms of melody or lyrics.but thes days dont see that as an important factor between many bands.

very true eh dime.

i mean, it doesn;t have to be metal, but good melodic lines are hard to find.
doesn;t have to be technical, but it must sound good.

and too many bands have internal politics going on, and pride is always an issue with too many bands disbanding before they even get anywhere.

4) To make a difference to as many people as possible, at the deepest possible level

i agree w visa.

but imo,i feel that most of the local bands want fame.
LOL! :mrgreen:

for me, its to let my talent be known. And also that feeling when people really appreciate ur music

excellent reply visa. point 5 owns man.
nothing beats the feeling of accomplishments.

truth be told, alot of bands out there just wanna be famous! well alot of us here will detract but ive met alotta people who just wanna be famous & popular by being in a band

Come on...I'm sure mine's a more accurate list right? :mrgreen:

In order of importance:
1) Fame, fortune and chicks
2) Merchandise, appearances on magazine covers and stadium tours
3) Wannabe kids who'd copy your hairstyle/dressing

Heh.

Ok, on the more serious side, I guess it's fine whatever reasons people play music for. Some just want to express their thoughts/feelings/emotions, some wanna make a living out of it, some do it out of fun, etc. As long as you put effort into achieving whatever goals that you've set, it's good enough :)

Personally, my ultimate goal is like what alot of bands (local or not) want to achieve...international success (meaning getting my music across to as many people out there, making a living out of it as well as to experience extraordinary things like world tours, meeting tonnes of people, and churning out albums and albums of songs we'd love). Hey, if you don't aim high, you'll always hit the lows ^__~ But I know I'd still enjoy making music even if you take away these things :p

Come on...I'm sure mine's a more accurate list right? :mrgreen:

In order of importance:
1) Fame, fortune and chicks
2) Merchandise, appearances on magazine covers and stadium tours
3) Wannabe kids who'd copy your hairstyle/dressing

POINT 3!
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Back