Wendy Phua in Yamaha Endorsee Workshop 2009

zhen

WHO’S AFRAID OF THE BIG BAD BASS?!!

PLACE: Yamaha Beatspot Showroom Plaza Singapura
DATE: 12 December 2009
TIME: 3pm

This Yamaha workshop sees Wendy Phua spearheading a unique DUO BASS workshop demonstrating the WIDE variety of TONES available on the bass guitar.

Wendy partners up for the first time with drummer Audrey Tang on bass to explore the idea of rhythm, and what it takes for the bass to step out of a RHYTHMIC role to function as a MELODY-making instrument.

Performing new original songs, specially arranged for bass duets, Wendy challenges preconceptions of the BASS role once again!

Post-Workshop Thanks!

Hi ya'll,

Thanks for coming down to support my duo bass workshop last Saturday despite your busy schedules! It was exciting to be able to perform some of my new songs and to do this bass duo performance with Audrey Tang supporting me.

I was very happy to be able to communicate with some bassists at the workshop on the elusive monster called TONE. It was also wonderful that some drummers present at the workshop were keen to understand better the issue of tightening up the rhythm and sound mixing for bass and drums in a live show.

Audrey did a fantastic job playing the bass and supporting me on the duo bass song arrangements, despite the fact that she is actually a trained drummer. Shouts out to her, and of course to the good folks at Yamaha Dennis, Azman and Jay, and to the very helpful Yamaha staff.

Videos of the workshop will be posted up real soon, including the cool BASS and VOCALS version we did of The Christmas Song, so for those who weren't able to make it or who'd like to watch the performance again, hang in tight.

Meanwhile I've got a show coming up in Jan 2010 at the Esplanade Waterfront, (what better way to start the year, eh?), and will be posting up details on that soon.

cheers!

Wendy Phua

www.wendyphua.com

Back