Well this is intimidating...

jseyarts

I started vocal lessons not long ago and a friend of mine just (literally just) mentioned that I should check this place out for equipments.

I browsed around and saw a sub-forum that looks like an open casting call for musicians to form bands. Eeesh! Don't get me wrong, but since I'm new (and out of touch with instruments I play), I'm feeling, well, as the thread title suggests, intimidated.

Anyway, I am looking to see how I can further my singing/music (possibly) career and interest. A bit about myself in regards to music in the following:

- 1 year ish of vocal lessons thus far
- I can read notes. I play the piano and percussion. Out of touch but nothing I can't get back to with practice.
- My main music influences are Idina Menzel, Josh Groban and Melanie C.
- I love musicals, but I've only seen selected ones where I also have great interest in the plot (damn tickets are expensive in Singapore)
- My new music love: OKENYO. I think more people should check it out.
- I mainly listen to/prefer to sing English songs (I can't tell you how much my mandarin sucks, which suck even more when I'm Chinese)

Maybe one day I will be brave enough to put up recordings of my own singing here. Maybe. But for now, this is what I have to 'offer', in words.

You know, if any of you are looking for a new singer (or drummer), think of me? (Think of me fondly. Ha!)

Oh! Also...Hi :)

It's not really intimidating (idk) but it's brave of you to post! Welcome to the forum.

I suggest rather than finding people on the forum to jam with, find out if any of your good friends play music and form a band with them. That way you are more comfortable with each other, your music choices and hanging out etc.

My chinese sucks too, but chinese songs are a different influence from english songs so even if you don't really understand it, you could listen to chinese songs to learn their nuances, melodies and technique.

You have a fantastic repertoire and versatility in knowing how to sing, play piano and play drums. This means you can fit many requirements, compose/chip in on vocal parts, melody parts and percussion parts. Hone these skills, especially the ones you love the most, and keep rocking.

Cheers.

It's not really intimidating (idk) but it's brave of you to post! Welcome to the forum.

I suggest rather than finding people on the forum to jam with, find out if any of your good friends play music and form a band with them. That way you are more comfortable with each other, your music choices and hanging out etc.

My chinese sucks too, but chinese songs are a different influence from english songs so even if you don't really understand it, you could listen to chinese songs to learn their nuances, melodies and technique.

You have a fantastic repertoire and versatility in knowing how to sing, play piano and play drums. This means you can fit many requirements, compose/chip in on vocal parts, melody parts and percussion parts. Hone these skills, especially the ones you love the most, and keep rocking.

Cheers.

Thank you so much! I'll look into those directions you suggested. Unfortunately with jamming, my friends belong in the categories of "very different music tastes", "do not play musical instruments" and "music is a leisure/casual listening hobby, not a passion" (sometimes one category, sometimes more than one). The established ones who are musicians, well, I'm no where near good enough to dare ask to jam with them/for them to want to me in the jamming sessions. Hah! ;)

I'll keep looking and I'm sure I'll find something/someone :) Thank you, again!

Hi. thanks for leaving a reply in my thread. =) Feel free to email me too if you have any questions.

Hey mark im mark fernandez too.haha well im looking for a drummer.intrested?ws me 91497872 or check my profile to see fb and more.hit me up and lets work something out.

Back