vox AD50VT-212

unholyernest

bought that amp last year during christmas sale at city music..479..
quite a good price leh..until now i still haven't regret..

spects:
2x12" cone
vox original speakers
50 watts
7 effects - auto wah, compressor, phaser, chorus, flanger, rotary, tremolo, reverb, delay
11 pre amps - boutique CL, Black 2x12, Tweed 4x10, AC15, AC30TB, UK '70s, UK '80s, UK modern, Numetal, US highgain, boutique OD.

basically..u wanna know more about their pre amps..go their webby read..

i believe its a very good amp for beginners who had problems deciding which amp to get cuz they dunno what is good for them.buy the AD30VT..its a 1x10" cone i think..with 30 watts..powerful enough..
i put mine in my room..too powerful already..

there's a watts control knot at the back..can adjust the total amount of power that the amp will deliver..for me..what i did was i drop the watts control into half..then i turn up my volume to half..thats the max i can go..just nice to blast my neighbourhood..

its a tube amp..so it might spoil quite easily..just like a bursted lightbulb.. i never change mine before..anyone knows how much is it?

i believed vox is more suitable for the blues player..but it has distortion channels to play around with..so basically..its all rounder..can play all sorts of genre..

it has a feedback control system..it can reduce the feed back of the amp..if u pump up the gain, compression and u choose to play on the distortion module..there will be lots of unwanted feedback..so it can be reduced just by turning the knot..but too much feedback reduction will make the amp sounds like crap..haha..

has a manuel channel..makes the amp play whatever it is set to play..
has a preset channel..makes the amp play the module with the factory setting effects..like certain module go with certain effect.
has 2 channel to save..so that u can save whatever sound u wan..then u can change them during concert without stopping and start turning your knots..
has a bypass button, so that u can listen to the sound of the pure module itself..need not mix with effects..it works like a "off" button basically.

metal players..this is not the right one for u..if u are those that loves to play heavy distortion with palm muting..this is not the one..though it can play..but it won't be able to "win" the sound of a roland or other metal brands..that is the only thing i dun like..haha..i am also those people that loves metal..this amp may have the distortion metal module..but its not enough..not heavy enough yeah!

something about these effects that they have..like phaser will be combined with compressor..chorus will be combined with reverb...then another effect will be chorus with delay..so its like they mess the 7 effects..and end up saying they have 11 effects..i think its rubbish..u can't hear the effect by itself..thats really sad..

rating..
blues :9/10
classical : 8/10
progessive:7/10
metal :3/10 this is without additional pedals

bro, that review was helpful to a certain extent, but perhaps you should refer to other reviews to get a rough template on how to write one.

in terms of power, it varies from player to player, i own the same amp, ad50vt with 1x12 celestion's.

i feel some of your facts have to be corrected, it wont exactly be a VERY good amp for a beginner, budget wise, na uh. though the range of amp emulations and effects are there.

it is not a tube amp, its a hybrid, it has a preamp tube, note a SINGLE preamp tube, which would take a good long while to blow, so not too much worry on that side.

as for distortion, it wont please the metal player for sure, and the gain stages tend to be abit, hmmm. :?

yes, this amp does have presets, which can be edited, unless you have the footswitch, which comes seperately, you wont be able to go clicking rfom preset to preset that easily.

yes you CAN hear the effects by themselves by reading up the manual, you can adjust the intensity of each. however i wouldnt quite depend on too many of them, cept for reverb and delay, quite sweet those.

this amp accepts pedals well, depending on how you tweak it, mine tends to be abit on the bassy side, so, just turn that down, find the sweet spot and it'll work sweet.

its not idea to give rating by genres, if you do decide that, what happened to rock, indie, gospel, etc etc etc.

alright man..thanks for correcting me.. i'm just a new kid lah.. see my number of post and u'll know..

first..i suspect that u got a little problem with your amp..yours is a AD50VT.. no "XL" or anything rite?
it should be a 1X12" celestion..
mine is a 2x12" vox original...
i dun think vox have yet come out with 2x12" celestion..
the AD100VT is 2x12" vox original too..
for the "cheap" amps like this..there's only one model with celestion..that is the AD50VT 1x12"..
for those 2x12" celestion..u can only get them from other models..like the brown colour one..called AC30 custom classics..but price wise..its 2k for one..

genres...i didn't mean to really say group them by genres..what i meant was.. if u play metal..u might not wanna get this one..but if u play blues..u might wanna put this at the top of your list..

beginners..price wise i believe its alright..AD30VT too expensive?get the AD15VT..or even got smaller ones man..beginners dun need that big..unless u already got gigs going on..fyi..basic requirement for gigs is 12" cone..50 watts..if not your sound cannot project..

presets..i really didn't know u can change presets one..i dun have a foot switch thats y..

i was only told by the city music staff that mine is a tube amp...they didn't say anything about hybrid...single preamp tube or anything else..didn't read them on the vox webby either..thanks for letting me know anyway..

effects...its a fact that there's only 7 effects in it..u can't just mix them up and say u have 11 effects..

if u switch to the phaser + compressor effect..but u only wanted phaser.u turn off the compressor by turning the knots. how certain are u to say that u are only hearing pure phaser..not even a bit of compressor? but anyway..phaser really does go well with compressor..so vox doesn't really do the "anyhow" mix things..haha..

yes..i agree..vox accepts pedal well..i connected the digi's metal master.. sound is enough for a concert already..

but something about this vox is that..it doesn't have a clean channel..as in usually amps will come with A and B..A will be 100% clean..the exact thing that is coming out from your guitar..and then B is your guitar sound plus preamps modules..in this case..there's only B..no A..
when u connect distortion pedals..usually its done on channel A.. cuz u dun wanna add distortion to distortion..unless u using pedals like phaser and u wanna combine with the amp's distortion pre amp module..

i usually connect my metal master to the UK '70s module..its sounds real good..

tarnish..i most afraid of this one.. i'm not sure if its something wrong with my place..but..the metal cage turns blur which suppose to be shiny one..last time i can see my face haha.. i dunno how to prevent tarnish leh..maybe u all can help me..so that next time i buy a amp with cage..i will do some stuff to it..

if u remove the cage..u will see the black colour wood covering the circumference of the cone..the wood will start growing some white stuff on them..but not to worry.those can be remove with a cloth plus some polish...

so better take care of your amp and dun be like me..haha..i heartpain man..

i stand corrected on the point about 1x12 celestions, slip of my finger there.

i do play blues and dont go too heavy with it lest i feel inclined and motivated for some major chugga wugga chugajangchugajang. :lol:

I own this amp too. Lots of usable sounds. Most of the models sound very gd. Main drawback with this amp is that your'e limited to only 2 presets!! I mean like in a set of several songs youl prob want a clean sound, light overdrive and high gain. And a few others in between. Thereby forcing u to make a choice and have to make up for it with pedals.

bro, that review was helpful to a certain extent, but perhaps you should refer to other reviews to get a rough template on how to write one.

in terms of power, it varies from player to player, i own the same amp, ad50vt with 1x12 celestion's.

i feel some of your facts have to be corrected, it wont exactly be a VERY good amp for a beginner, budget wise, na uh. though the range of amp emulations and effects are there.

it is not a tube amp, its a hybrid, it has a preamp tube, note a SINGLE preamp tube, which would take a good long while to blow, so not too much worry on that side.

as for distortion, it wont please the metal player for sure, and the gain stages tend to be abit, hmmm. :?

yes, this amp does have presets, which can be edited, unless you have the footswitch, which comes seperately, you wont be able to go clicking rfom preset to preset that easily.

yes you CAN hear the effects by themselves by reading up the manual, you can adjust the intensity of each. however i wouldnt quite depend on too many of them, cept for reverb and delay, quite sweet those.

this amp accepts pedals well, depending on how you tweak it, mine tends to be abit on the bassy side, so, just turn that down, find the sweet spot and it'll work sweet.

its not idea to give rating by genres, if you do decide that, what happened to rock, indie, gospel, etc etc etc.

hi, can you tell me what u mean by gain stages?

Wondering

Hey Dude...lets say i would not be using the distortion channel..n i would crank it up with lets say..a Boss Mt-2 and a MXR dime distortion pedal..will it be worth it to grab tis amp?..coz i was eyeing it awhile..n i rly liked the cleans n its available functions.waddo u tink??x]]

thanks alot

ok.. having pedals whether single or multi.. try to get those non-digital-moduled amp..

i'm plugging in my zoom g9.2 into this amp..though the sound is like..pretty amazing and sweet.. but i feel.. its not correct..
i'm trying to buy a proper tube amp..

when u plug in pedals..u wan to hear the pure pedal sound.. dun wanna have some other preamp modules to sound together..

i recommend those transistor amps that has no digital effects..like those laney or ibanez..

and also..u hardcore metal player? dun buy this... cuz i am a metal player...
no matter how heavy pedals u buy.. u can't get rid of the sweet sound warm this amp can give..
but if u rock/blues/jazz player...this is the one for u..

its your preference lah..

good luck in choosing!

Back