Vintage Classic Vs Modern New Age

marilyn

dunno if this has been mention in soft b4 but with since the very 1st guitar stomp boxes were produced till this day now. which is better?

the vintage pedals which are still highly sought after like the mij's ts9, boss and discontinued stuff, or has modern technology which is so highly advanced now, made better to replace them.

so how? your thoughts anyone? which is better? bring out some pedals and examples to compare pls so we all know.

brands like ibanez, mxr, boss are old school and yet keeping up with the times
how abt roger mayor? ross? pearl?

lets bring up some old n new gear with pics too! hell share your vintage collection with us too!

The old boss pedals do rock.

i.e Boss DM2. yeah. that one was great. Love the oscillation on it.

Boss Ce2 Best chorus i ever played. Never been knocked off my board.

heres my vintage ibanez pedal...

od850.jpg

made in the 70's, the "mother of all tubescreamers" as what other forum members says as its manu.b4 the nw famous tubescreamer..and the 808 was model after this.its made by maxon though,has the maxon branding on the board layout..well, thats the infor. i can only find on the web...And its more of a fuzz/distortion sounding rather than overdrive as the pedal is call.

wa ciki your pedal damn happening. does it still work??? i think boss pedals will outlast us, when we die rem to pass to your grandkids yea.

more ppl more ppl more pics! maybe its sat thats why no one post anything

imho, theres no better

old or modern, as long it serve a purpose to make music, its good stuff.
Heh, as long dont buy into the hype of internet forums hearsay, honeymoon period reviews and the bullshits advertisment of manufacturers
icon10.gif

an old pic from 2 years back. Theres some additions since then, but too lazy to lay out eveything again. Oldest in there is prolly roland bee baa from 70s.

Most like stuff in there prolly are the moog. Love those stuff, coz other then just processing guitar signal, its an instrument by itself and with all the cv, lfo to play around. Its a classic by itself, beyond the limit of vintage or modern, imho..

imho, theres no better

old or modern, as long it serve a purpose to make music, its good stuff.
Heh, as long dont buy into the hype of internet forums hearsay, honeymoon period reviews and the bullshits advertisment of manufacturers
icon10.gif

an old pic from 2 years back. Theres some additions since then, but too lazy to lay out eveything again. Oldest in there is prolly roland bee baa from 70s.

Most like stuff in there prolly are the moog. Love those stuff, coz other then just processing guitar signal, its an instrument by itself and with all the cv, lfo to play around. Its a classic by itself, beyond the limit of vintage or modern, imho..

wow that must have cost a fortune

yup the pedal still wks well,done some servicing and such..but sadly,the original outlook had to go...its peeling off..gt 2 give it a new look..haha

Back