ux1 ux2

Ahjon

Hi,
Wana ask a stupid qns.
haha
sry for that.
Whats the difference between UX1 and UX2 besides their physical?
Like amount of inputs and the monitor.
Is the sound card inside the same?
Do both have the same sounding quality?

oh yah.
for the guitar input, if i wana record my synth is it possible to plug in thru there also?
w/o compromising the sound that is.

they should have the same gearbox software. but that "extra input" means alot

UX1 , for guitars, and dynamic mics only. meaning : MONO Recording only.

UX2 , for condenser mics (phantom power) and if you happen to be recording drums > 5 mics > mixer > stereo input left / right into your UX2. pretty much you can do way more with "2 inputs".

anyway if you're just doing guitar demos and dynamic mic vocal recording, UX1's fine

Hey, because i'm trying to do a simple setup at home for recording.
I'll need guitar/synth/mic inputs.
So i was thinking about UX1/Ux2 and a presonus firebox.
Do the quality of the recording differ alot?
Which 1 is more valued?

Hey Jon, seems like Presonus got new stuff, its called Presonus Audiobox...guess its the USB version of the Firebox...looks pretty cool, check it out...

PreSonus

HEy al,
Yeah, saw it. But i was planning to get a firewire audio interface or jus a usb ux1/2
Since i have a firewire for input, i feel like abusing it.
Although usb2.0 is faster but firewire might be more stable?
since its one way?
hahaha.
I heard stories about drivers for line6 ux1 or 2 has alot of noise on a mac os x
anyway it can be solved?

My experience is that USB 2.0 and firewire seems to have the same transferring speed, not much noticeable difference though firewire seems to be abit more stable. The thing is I dunno whether the firebox can be powered by the mac alone, you might need the power adapter included to supply power to it. If it's cool I bring mine for you to test tmr...

hhaha al u're the man dude.
its alright. i've gotten an interface alrdy.
hahaha cya tmr
boring class.

Back