SOLD Urgently WTS: Spector Legend 4 Classic - PRICE REDUCED

Status
Not open for further replies.

SicBarney

Letting go of my first Spector, this one is the intermediate Made In Korea Legend Classic series.

This is my first Spector, and has seen its own fair share of hairline pick scratches and slightly tarnished bolts on the bolt-on neck. Other than that, in very, very good condition. Awe-stricken, Godly bass for beginners, definitely a feel-at-home bass for intermediates, and a damn well easy to play bass for pros. Hey, if Johnny April of Staind and Chris Kael of Five Finger Death Punch can go on tours with just a Legend Classic, that's saying something about the tone and built of these tanks.

Not impressed? I have a friend who has a US-made Fender Highway One Jazz Bass, and after trying my Spector, he said my Made In Korea Spector totally kicked his Made In America Fender's ass, no questions asked (no offense to Fender fanboys, I love Fender P basses too). From tone to built, playability to comfort. Comfort you ask? In case you didn't know, Spectors pioneered the curved body that many manufacturers now adopt, and this bass sports the signature Spector body curve that just sits snugly onto your body, whether you're slim, or have a big tummy like me.

Have upgraded the machine heads to Gotoh GB707 in cosmic black, and pickups to EMG-HZ 35s, for that awesome EMG tone. Now, after the pickup swap, this bass sounds almost 80% identical to a Made in Czech Republic Spector ReBop (Euro series bolt-on Spector), which is saying a lot (Just in case you're wondering, a ReBop retails for S$2500). If anyone of you does decide to get this, you'll be getting a genuine Spector ReBop clone, at a fraction of the ReBop's price.

Very beautiful, GENUINE (Spector doesn't do veneers), bookmatched quilted maple top. Have been recently set-up to a very low, comfortable action. Currently strung with GHS Coated Boomers 45-105 (yes I'm throwing in coated strings). Responds beautifully full and articulate to tappings. Have not been gigged, only used at home and have been used for jamming only 5 times. Sale will include a regular generic gig bag.

Specs are as follows:

Body: Maple
Neck: 3-piece rock maple
Scale: 34"
Width at nut: 1.56"
String spacing: 0.70"
Pickups: Originally EMG-SSD, upgraded to EMG-HZ 35s
Preamp: Made in Czech Republic original Spector TonePump Jr. preamp circuit
Controls: 2 vol, 1 bass, 1 treble

Photos:
The one on the left
8b957d97.jpg

b30568a4.jpg

1330b21f.jpg

d95cb20b.jpg

And in case the buyer is an avid DR Neon user, the same Spector with DR Neons:
4e18ee88.jpg

f8e72951.jpg

And just in case any of you potential buyers are one to match brand to player, here are some current and past Spector endorsers/players:

- Doug Wimbish
- Sting
- Gene Simmons
- Dave La Rue
- TM Stevens
- Rex Brown
- Alex Webster
- Phil Soussan
- Jack Bruce
- Nikki Sixx
- Mike Starr
- Flea (yes, RHCP Flea)
- Jason Newsted
- Ian Hill
- Mike Rodden
- Colin Edwin
- Arif Mirabdolbaghi
- Eddie Jackson
- Johnny April
- Chris Kael
- Rachel Bolan
- Robbie Merrill
- and the infamous Mike Kroeger from Nickelback

Retail Nett price for a Spector Legend 4 Classic is $960, pickups at $160, Gotoh machine heads at almost $100.

Was letting go at $930, then price was reduced to $850.
If deal by this weekend, will let go at $750, non-negotiable. This is already the lowest I can go considering the upgrades. Previously someone was selling a fully stock Spector Legend 4 at $680. I'm pretty much lowballing myself here.
STRICTLY no trades. Cash only. My loss is your gain.

Reason for selling is because I underestimated my finances, and shall need funds for my engagement (help a brother out, won't you?)

SMS me at 98007852.

PS: In case anyone is interested in the other 2 Spectors in the first picture, they're my main basses and they're not for sale.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back