Urgent! Bass for a petite female?

Nicholasim

Hey guys, I know nuts about bass but I'm planning to buy one for my sister for her birthday in 10 days. She's quite small in size, so I don't want a bass which is too heavy.

I have a few in mind:
1) craftsman
2) ibanez gio
3) squier

My budget is around $200-$250

Any recommends? :)

Hello, roughly how much will it cost? And where can I find them?

- - - Updated - - -

Hello, roughly how much will it cost? And where can I find them?

If I not wrong sr300 to 305 is abt 400-500 at swee lee new bro. I can't be sure as I got my 305 and 755 used on soft. Think of SR as ibanez S series to their rg. Quite value for money with their onboard eq.

Ibanezes and Corts are Japanese and Korean brands, in general their size/weight is smaller than the Western brands. Try Swee Lee for these.

Might be beyond your budget tho. The "starter packs" at Swee Lee/Yamaha/City Music might fit your budget, but those are all standard sized.

there's a good short-scale Cort bass I tested in Swee Lee, you might want to check it out, or maybe a junior bass?

samick+corsair+bass+full+pic.JPG

reply might be a little too late but anyway, the Corsair Mini is a good bass for people who are more adept to guitars than basses per se...

After a whole day of searching, I've tried basses that are of a shorter scale but it just didn't seem right. The shorter scale makes it feel like its not a bass.

I tried a craftsman bass (p bass copy I think) I was surprised with the set up and quality of the bass. For $200, it was really really good. The action is really low but without any buzzing and it sounds great. So I bought it for her.

She really likes it a lot!

Back