Upgrading

ThisIsTheEnd

Hey everyone. I'm currently using an 2year old Ltd M-10 and a Roland Cube 15x. So my question is, if i upgrade my guitar, would there be much difference in sound or should i upgrade my amp instead? Or get an effects pedal? My budget is $500.
Thanks

new amp and pickups. haha. you can get a decent amp at 300 during citymusic sale and 200 for pickups like seymour duncans.

Definitely amp and maybe pedal to couple the new purchase.It should massively change your tone compared to before.

Do your research on the amps around the price range and do a shoot-out.any doubts you can enquire here.

amp and effects. actually the roland cube 15x is a good amp. spend 500bucks on effects! hahha

dont go pickups. i'm sick of ranting already. sorry.

Yeah haha thats why i didn't ask about pickups. Anyway, amp & effects? I am most probably gonna use this amp for one more year. As for amp, i saw an Orange Crush 30r going for 300+ at Yamaha. Also saw the muff pi going for 100+. These two a good combination? Or should i go for other amps or spend 500 on effects alone:twisted:

spend on effects alone.. hahahhahah..

i quite like the roland 15x. its a very good solid state amp.

you might want to check out other brands like Biyang's pedals as well, as well as Beta Aivin, in Standard Value. cheaper = can get more pedals ehhehe

Depends on what kinda tone you looking for.We can suggest anything without you telling us what kinda tone you wanna rock with!

I vouch for the HM-200, since I own one haha the range of tones you can get from it is quite amazing..try to believe! i've not tried out the metal end king though but from what i hear, its pretty darn good

dude. i dont want to spoil this. but u should save the money. mayb spend like, 200 or less on stuff and work on guitar playing itself. u'd find it more rewarding. cos if u buy pedals u'll find ur money going very fast. i know. cos it happens to me. like, pedal buying spree.

I recommend this to all :)

BARBER DIRECT DRIVE

( For a high gain OD. Listen to soundclips from www.proguitarshop.com and u wont regret it ) Brand new for abt 190 ++

Cheap but versatile pedal that can go from the buzzing 'can of bees' metal sound to the heavy chugga chugga, is the EHX Metal Muff.

Really worth the money. Brand new for abt 190+-

Alternatively a good drive is the Tonebone Hot British. If im nt wrong there
are some sales going on in the efx buy sell section.

If you like the stock mesa tone, the Tube zone Overdrive is for you. Its really really high gain for an OD, some even consider it to be in the distortion zone..

But its abit more pricey. $325 +-..

dude. i dont want to spoil this. but u should save the money. mayb spend like, 200 or less on stuff and work on guitar playing itself. u'd find it more rewarding. cos if u buy pedals u'll find ur money going very fast. i know. cos it happens to me. like, pedal buying spree.

There will be a point where you find that ur current pedals suit your needs fine. Dont have to be uber boutique like some you find on tgp.. Just producing the tone you want should be enough. Whenever i plug in my guitar to my current setting im always blown away by the tone. That alone should give you encouragement and inspire you to learn more, putting that tone to good use.

Back