Tymc services. Yay or nay?

unclekadan

Hi. As the title suggests. What are your thoughts? I've heard mix reviews about them, both positive and negative, but still unsure whether to engage their services or not. Can senior members or frequent customers advice?

Regards,
unclekadan

For sure for me their service is top notch. Pretty professional with with proper price tag for their service. My acoustic guitars are all setup by them.

You can call them to ask for a quote for your service required.

never had any bad experiences with them. So far they have been very friendly and helpful when i go in to inquire about stuff.

It's been a long time since I went there.

Reasonably priced. Setup is not bad, but neither is it top notch.

Electronics wiring was tied up in a bunch, while it seems neat it was hard to work with again for a change of wiring / pickups.

Didn't do a very good job with the mounting of Fishman preamps for not 1 but 2 acoustic guitars. (To be fair it wasn't an easy job but they took it on anyway, so kudos to them)

Things might be better now, and they are always nice guys at heart. Good customer service and info. I like buying stuff from them. But you can't always please everyone with setups, therefore each shop has their regular customers for different reasons.

I haven't tried to setup any guitars yet there ...

but my friend from Indonesia ever ordered a Hipshot Drop-D bass tuner there, and everything's OK . they said it will be ready within 2 weeks and that's true. punctual .

good service to the customer , and they have good products knowledge as well :)

They recently replaced pots, switch and jack on my mij epi lp, had it done the next day. They even went so far as to swap out the knobs as my old ones didn’t fit the new posts, at no additional cost. So yeah, happy with TYMC so far.

Back