Tone port UX8 or POD XT Pro

hadi

Hi Guys,

Would appreciate if you guys could give your views on which is the better device to use for recording? Tone port UX8 or POD XT Pro

Thanks

It is very much dependeant on what you are trying to record and how you are going to record it.

Tell us what exactly you plan on doing? Then we can offer our thoughts and recommendation. :)

well it will be for any home recording... Would want to record guitars , bass and vocals with the devices..

Cheers

I would then suggest the POD XT Pro, because of the vast amount of options you can use for guitar and bass. The input of the UX8 is an overkill for you. Unless you are looking to record multiple mics at a time. From what I can see though, you probably going to do one instrument at a time.

You might want to consider something even simpler, like the UX 2. Might not have the vast amount of options for guitar and bass, but if you have your own favourite line of effects to play with and you are ok with the standard offering that Gearbox have, you might wanna consider that one instead. It also cost less.

Do note that the toneport series relies on your computer (which means CPU overhead :() to process sound (e.g. simulate amps, mic amps etc).

POD XT processes sound onboard, so no CPU overhead, has ins for guitar/bass.

POD X3 would be best, it processes sound onboard, so no CPU overhead and it has balanced XLR in/mic preamp(with ph power) for mic.

BTW your songs are awesomenessesseses :cool:

Naz

Thanks Naz...... I am looking for some decent gear before my band record our new song... Hope I will produce the new much better.... Thanks for the input and i will do my research on POD X3.

Keep your views coming in....

Back