toe SOUTHEAST ASIA TOUR, Live in KL, 3rd August 2008

e

toeflyers_sg.jpg

Engaging, fun and simply invigorating, Soundscape Records, DTD Music Productions and KittyWu Records brings Japanese math rock masters toe Live in Kuala Lumpur for an evening of dynamic and vibrant musical escapade.

Best known for its swift, acute beat and rhythms, clean melodic guitar settings and refreshingly riveting live perfomances, toe is the internationally reknown math-rock instrumental music group of four that has created a whirlwind of musical excitement since its inception in 2000.

toe's eloquent musical uniqueness comes from its ability to glide intricate, subtle morphs in beat and rhythm on incendiary rock motifs, and a masterfully woven flowing texture of fresh acoustic guitars. Combined with emotionally absorbing live performances, it is one of the most refreshing instrumental bands on the forefront of Japanese indie music, culminating in their emotional performance at last year's FUJI ROCK FESTIVAL 2007.

The band's exceptional musical prowness has also often been compared to critically acclaimed and internationally recognised acts such as Pele and The Album Leaf.

toe's one and only South East Asian tour stop in KL, Malaysia is set to be a regional indie music mini festival and will also feature some of the most astounding Malaysian and Singaporean bands.

On the regional front are Malaysian post-punk powerhouse Nao, math-rock noisemakers Killeur Calculator, and Brit-rock trailblazers They Will Kill Us All, while hailing from our island are nascent dreamscape strider Amberhaze and indie prog-rock top-brass B-Quartet.

The event will be held at Ruums, KL, one the most prestigous and happening spots of the capital that has already seen an exceptional line-up of live international musical events such as Explosions in the Sky, Dirty Three, Napalm Death, NOFX, Soilwork and etc.

toe is Mino Takaaki and Yamazaki Hirokazu on guitars, Yamane Satoshi on bass, and Kashikura Takashi on drums.

toe Live in KL happens on August 3rd at Ruums KL.

Singapore pre-sale of tickets are at SGD38 (Available from now till 31/7/2008 ) and RM 100 at the door.

For Singapore fans, email to ticketing@kittywurecords.com or kittywurecords@gmail.com , or log on to www.kittywurecords.com

WAHLAOOO! I WANNA GO! AGINGYOUTH AND KITTYWU, WOULD U LIKE TO GIVE ME A BIRTHDAY PRESENT?!??! :D this would make the perfect gift!!! :( I WANNA WATCH TOE!

bahh... i would not even be anywhere near asia by then but i did messaged them once
and i was Yama(guitarist) replied telling that they would be coming down to singapore as well on the 4th or 5th august! But i'm not too sure if its confirmed but if it is! WOOHOO! I'll come back for this!

38 bucks to watch a few great bands is a steal. too bad I'm waaay too lazy to go to KL again after mono.

TOE ticket collection... self collect and leave a smaller carbon footprint

KittyWu would be at RSC Block Party this Saturday supporting our friends The Rockstar Collective, and our bands Amberhaze, The Karl Maka and I Am David Sparkle.

RSC Block Party
Old School, Mt Sophia
Starts at 11am till late.

Be there and support the effort to save the environment.

Those who bought tickets to TOE (and those who want to buy), email us (with your name and number) and let us know if you wish to collect your tickets at the Block Party.

hmmm..

toe... rick astley... toe... rick astley... toe... rick astley... toe ... rick astley's toe

decisions decisions decisions....

Never gonna give you up, never gonna let you down, never gonna run around and desert you...

But bro e bro, duncha wish ur girlfriend was freak like me... doncha?!

Back