To all rock bands who've always yearn for d spotlight!

linkinmind

To all rock bands out there!

Have you always dream of playing infront of live audience? Thought what's it like to play on stage? Here's your chance.

I'm starting a new initiative for a local bar to kick start a weekly jam night on Monday nights starting 2 Dec from 8pm onwards.

The bar i'm working with is kind enough to allow new local rock bands to showcase their stuff, be it covers or originals to reach out to wider audiences as the owner himself knows whats it like to be dreaming of rockstardom!

If you have a band, plays rock, regardless of language of your songs, drop me a message here and i will furnish you with full details.

Do take note that this will not involve any monetary compensation but what you will earn is a lifetime of experience!

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Thanks and rock on! 🤘

many pubs like to use the "pretence of opportunity in a life-time" for newbies to play music FREE for them while they earn $$$.

over my dead body !

Mel

Hi Mel,

Thanks for your opinion.

1stly, i would like to make known to you that this bar does not need free band to help them earn money as they already have a well established resident band and on the flipside, if a crappy band plays on their jam night, wouldnt it affect their business?

2ndly, if you are truly passionate about music, wouldnt you mind trying something like this or even for your band unless you play solo. Play in bar for 1 night, dont think its too much to ask for right? In fact, i'd be stoked to do it!

Lastly, music is about sharing and since i have this great opportunity for all bands out there, why not? Unless you have an avenue for yourself which would be great for you but not all amateur band out there have such opportunity.

On that note, if you do have, why dont you share it instead of throwing wet blankets on other bands who probably would be yearning for such opportunities.

Well, thats all for now, i wish you and your band or your solo career all the best and rock on ��

Personally, I think it is honorable of you to give local bands a chance for exposure in a licenced venue.

Sometimes it is not always about money, although money is a common area for misunderstanding.

People will always have differing opinions on anything, either due to previous "adverse" experience or something, and nobody can be friends with everybody in this world.

I am sure there will be many bands willing to have this opportunity to get exposure, but limited connections, even if it is for free, and the pub makes money out of them in the process. So what if it is so. As long as they don't lose their own money in the process, i.e. scammed. I don't think it is worth your while to scam these potential talents, cos you have an address and licence, I presume.

Thats why many people are willing to pay millions , just to have lunch with Warren Buffet.

So, pl don't be discourage and hope that many good potential talents will benefit from this exposure.

In many work areas, people even pay for the opportunity to get exposed , and the experience .

So, all the best and hope that this will benefit both parties in the long run, and never know, some good potential talents may just come out of this.

Cheers and peace.

Thanks all for your opinions.. much appreciated.. maybe let me clear d air a bit.. i'm actually not working in this bar or working for this bar.. i happen to know the venue's owner and thus i'm running this event for him and i'm actually not getting paid for it.. it is all done in d name of passion, music and loyalty cuz i approached him and expressed my desire to extend this passion of mine and he came up with this fantastic idea and so i thought it is a great way to gain exposure.. so for those who r really keen, pls drop me a PM.. looking forward to all your entry! ��

you don't have to be the bar owner to tell us the bar's name

unless, of course, you signed a contract with him, cannot tell

in that case, can you ask him to tell us in soft forum?

Amos

Just my $0.2, I think it is great that you are taking the initiative to host a spot for original music, this is what music communities are meant to do to get better. But encouraging musicians to play for exposure is a proven detriment to music communities as a whole. It's bad for the musicians, and bad for fans. This has been done to death in major cities all over the world and i've seen it as still a big problem for larger cities.

It doesn't have to be that way though! If you want to host an initiative that is healthy to the community, consider throwing a show that allows the artists to have a split of the door, or convince the bar owner to provide a guarantee to artists that play that night (he would probably be the only bar in Singapore that does that). When I played some shows in Canada, the bands would get their split of the door at the end of the show and it was fair (encouraging more bands to stay and support other bands, drink more beer, etc)

Best of luck!

Back