Tips on screaming?

AiraTekkan

I'm playing JET's Are You Gonna Be My Girl as part of a 3-song set on Wednesday for teachers day concert, and I really need tips on how to scream clear and hard so that the song WOULD rock.

any ideas?

first of all rehearsals or no rehearsals, test and note the sensitivity of the microphone you're gonna be using... if it's super sensitive, it'd be a good idea to scream into the mic some distance away unless you're planning on busting the ear drums of the audience... as for the screaming itself, practice! record, playback and work on wherever needs working on. everyone has a different screaming style so don't worry if yours doesn't sound like the original... personally i find my own screaming best when i ready myself before the part (take in a lot of air) and give it everything i have inside of me :p

hope those pointers help and good luck :D

make sure when you scream, go further away from the mic cause usually school P.A systems, they on the mic quite loud. good luck on the performance...

Air control, use of diaphragm and of course, focus. Scream in pitch by controlling throat cavity, make it loose and open, not constricted like a strangled chicken.

yep. i am. :D

they have this nostalgic sound which hasn't been heard on radio for so long.

hey BlackMoo. thanks ah. 8)

hi olibia,
wondering r u the same olibia from pure-rock that once covered xtreme volume 3 at hard rock cafe?
just wondering...
juno

Back