The Life Experiences of a Guitar Teacher

Creamfire

Hi peeps,

You can call me Creamfire. Been teaching Guitar/Ukulele for 7 straight long years.

What I can remember starting out back then 7 years ago were the really different and sometimes difficult locations i had to go for private lessons. Condos in far out locations, private homes with no connecting bus inside.

Going to students places and students forgot the lesson when it was arranged. Late payments, or the "famous" I pay u next week line they use.

Moved on to pri and sec schools in 2008. Third party vendors when u go there, you tune the instruments yourself and had to prepare your own syllabus for the school. the vendor sometimes dont give you the syllabus to teach. 40 students in a class, with some distruptive kids in tow. its an on your own situation you have to handle.

Music schools, really sometimes great great students with so much potential, but you will not teach them forever.

Like wat i always say, from strangers i teach to now good friends. im sure some of u understand the feeling. :)

7 years and im still going. tired but i think it has been a wonderful 7 years. many ups and downs. Joy and tears.

Will update more as my journey in music lives on.

Cheers!

Creamfire

Keep the Music Alive :)

Last edited:
thank you for having this story up... its great to read success stories.

it sure brought me back to my guitar teacher at Yamaha in 1988. The gentleman who taught me; we have both aged over the years and from time to time we still meet up. its unforgettable to those whose lives we have touched and know you have contributed to their lifetime development... thats what keeps us all going.

in all here's wishing you all the very best, much success and prosperity in an industry which is somewhat deemed "outcasted" especially on this rock.

cheers

Back