The Flora Aurum

liqnitro

Has anyone seen the Feb bass player mag? World most expensive bass!!! It uses 24-carat gold, diamond and 10000 year old ivory mammoth ivory. *Ouch. http://www.ritter-royals.com/detail-picture-sites/detail-pictures-flora-aurum.htm According to the lutherie all the bass he made are played live. :lol: How GAS are you compare to these guys. :twisted:

0637floraaurumva7.jpg

How high would you go for a bass?

but seriously i dont know what you guys think, but for me i think this is overdoing it.

LOL look at jaco and his banged up guitar. now that is true bass beauty :)

Man, i saw the short video on this bass at bassplayer.tv, my gosh its bloody insane. Even if i was loaded and purchased a bass like this i would not use it. Most likely i'll encase it in a glass boxed frame and preserve it like some rare artifact. I think the motive towards creating a bass guitar like this was to show ritter's artistic side. (or maybe to laugh at the fool that blew 100k for the guitar. ) :p :lol:

I saw a few of them in a Bass only shop in Tokyo. Man, I tell you, I was blown-away by the workmanship...and the price...Cost about SGD13k for a mid-range one...Looks more like a display piece rather than a playable instrument...haha...but it's beauty all right 8O

Nope, cos I think the Japanese chap doesn't understand what I'm talking about, second, I dare not to touch it...what'll happen if I drop it...haha...But I must say, they ARE beautiful. Anyway, I believed that the one in the picture was commissioned by the Sultan of Brunei, isn't it?

Back