thailand trip - need addresses of the bangkok GAS mecca

stars

hello guys !

going to bangkok next week. need address and places to check out gear :D hehehe cant wait to go to there. heard alot of things to see. hmm any recommendations ?

the hotel i m staying in is opposite the world trade centre thailand .

Off topic, but, long time no see you, the guy who uses starcraft units to form his name. God i love that game. I'm gonna install it now.

haha ... yes.. me too. starcraft is by far the BEST RTS to have existed, played and most worthily adored.

hmm. the hotel i m staying in is city inn bangkok.

There's a area not far from china town with about 10-20 shops for new gear. I don't know the street names in english. Go the the website of Theera Music or Boosey Thai and download their Thai map for your taxi driver.

The prices aren't great, selection is limited. I wouldn't have too great expectations there but I've seen some interesting stuff there like a Harley Davidson and Aloha strat, JS Crystal Planet, ESP GL56.

There are few smaller used shops which are far more interesting. Check out the ads in guitarthai.com

There are a few places I recommend you.

1) Werng-Na-Korn-Ka-Sem: It's around China Town but not exact China Town.
The Stuff here your could get quite good deal are
Asia Music: Schecter, if you are lucky to meet, The owner's daughter is pretty.
Boosey & Hawk: (www.Booseythai.com), Dimarzio, G&L guitar, MXR.. I think you may find better deal at SG.
Bae-Ngeab-Seng (Cantoneese word): Epiphone, Gibson, Fender, some Music man and some Guild. You may visit its branch called MusicConcept
(http://www.musicconcept.co.th/index1.htm) at Central World Plaza (former known as WorldTrade Center). Their list price could be discounted for 10% off everything. The price is a bit lower than Sweelee's.
Theera music (roland, burny) and Hongseng (Ibanez): the price is too much marked up.

2) Thai people call it "Hlang-Kra-Tsuang"
Recommended shop is "Chin-Heng-Hlee" http://www.guitarthai.com/chin/index.html
Other shops there, beware!!! so many fake things.

The used shop, I recommend
www.musiccentercity.com. The price shown in their site you may commit divide by 24.5 to get the price in SG$. No more tax discussion at these price.
www.music-selector.com. Located at 6th floor, 6S-144, Central Rama3 661-4876618 (press 01-4876618 when u arrived Thailand). The stuff there are not that much but the owner named "Mr.Kom" is nice to talk to. You may ask for his advice about your expected NNG Customized guitar.
www.guitarthai.com/musicsociety/musicsociety.html (Music Society). You can reach it by BTS Sky Train. Rad--cha-te-wee station. It's only 1 station next to SiamSquare, which is so near to Central World Plaza.

The recommended path a 1 day stop guitar hunting tour.
Rama9 station (by MRT underground train) reaching Fortune Tower go to #1-Music Center (Basement floor). Then MRT to Sukumvit station and take BTS
to Chidlom station. Ask for Central World Plaza. 3rd floor to
#2-MusicComcept (may hard to find but worth to try). Then walk to Siamsquare, take BTS to next station call "Rad-cha-te-wee" get down by the righ-side and go to
#3-Music Society.
Werng-Nakorn-Ka-Sem is the alternatived place to visit. If you have a time left and do not want to back your hotel. Just call Taxi from the same side of Music Society and head to the place (but not over 4pm regard to traffic). It may be better to visit Werngnakornkasem the next day at morning. You could save your taxi cost. You could visit Music selector after finish wandering around Werngnakornkasem and may ask Mr.Kom for visiting NNG factory because it's about 2-3 km from Central Rama3.

thanks guys !

much help appreciated!

any items to particularly look out for / much cheaper than in SG ?

u r supposed to indicate your interesting stuffs first.

but i found that most (or all) items at SweeLee, before sales, are more expensive than in Thailand na.
Les Paul Standard = SGD 3,300 after you ask for 10% off
SG Standard Heritage Cherry = 1,763 after 10% off
SL's list price for LP at 6k. 20% off from usual price to be 4.8k. 1.8k different, you could get another SG and taxi cost from Airport to shop and back to airport again.

i'm not sure about Ibanez but i have seen you guys talk about RG3120
Ibanez RG 3120 = SGD 2,116 after you ask for 15% off

hehe .. more interested in basses rather than guitars outright.

hmm are musicman stuff there any cheaper ?

Back