TC Powercore development discontinued!!!

Cheez

From the forum of TC Electronic:

Dear PowerCore user,

As part of a larger strategic review, we have decided to cease further development of the PowerCore product range, including hardware units as well as software for the PowerCore platform.

With the most recent release of software version 4.0, PowerCore is fully compatible with current operating systems, such as Mac OS X Leopard, Mac OS X Snow Leopard, Windows XP, Windows Vista and Windows 7, as well as the most popular DAWs - 32 bit and 64 bit.

We will continue to sell all of the existing PowerCore plug-ins (through dealers and www.tc-now.com) and hardware variants. We will also keep offering user support for the platform so you should be able to continue using your current system for quite a long period. Bugfixes will be handed on a case-by-case basis.

Also, it is very important to stress that we will continue our general computer recording activities, including audio interfaces and plug-ins.

Finally, for those of you who wish to continue using externally powered plug-ins on the long term and want to find an alternative to PowerCore, we have collaborated with Universal Audio in order to create an attractive UAD-2 crossgrade offer. The only condition is that you are new to the UAD platform. Read more about the crossgrade offer here .

As a final note I'd like thank everybody for their support of the platform.

UAD seems to have the upper-hand in hardware plugins now. But with computers getting more and more powerful, I wonder how long does UAD has to go before they follow TC Electronic. I'm pretty sure there are a lot of angry Powercore users who invested a lot of money in their plugins and hardware who are now rushing to switch over to UAD.

Views, anybody?

Last edited:
Indeed! I've been eyeing UAD stuff for many years now. I'm glad I've not taken the plunge. It does appear hardware are phasing out and losing out in the competition.

Logic (PC version) and Gigastudio still left a bad taste in my mouth. $$$ went down the drain. I'm really careful on what I'm investing on now. Lowjk, you are using Creamware stuff aren't you? I was worried that it was going to die as well. Any news on that side? I was eyeing it for a while as well...

Really pissed off with this one , especially since they're not porting the Powercore plugs to Native and not offering anything GOOD except a crappy crossgrade to UAD ????

I Depend alot on their reverbs and delays for my sound ( VSS3 / DVR2 / Megareverb ) , either i'll have to find replacement plugs or stick with powercore until I have to upgrade to Lion OSX .

Back