tc electronic polytune

shinobi

world's first polyphonic tuner.

621070900.jpg

it doesn't seem like the display toggle button is mechanical per se. maybe like the pitchblack, the tuner doesn't save the display setting when there is no adapter or battery connected. does anyone know?

there also seems to be a usb port. i wonder what that does...

and us$99 may be nuts for a tuner, but go tell that to the guys who buy petersons, sonic research turbo tuners...

i'm using the turbo tuner, well, for USD$99 compared to the turbo tuner, this is already cheap.... the turbo tuner is USD$129 if i'm not wrong..... but oh boy i like the turbo tuner a lot! :)

is it really worth it to get this just for a 4-stringer? the Pitchblack does the exact same thing with not much more effort for just $80.

is it really worth it to get this just for a 4-stringer? the Pitchblack does the exact same thing with not much more effort for just $80.

pitchblack does not have drop tuning function which this does and many other tuners, i think the boss one does too.

although drop tuning function is not essential per se, coz you could just use the pitchblack to tune down to the exact note you want, but considering most of all the competitions' tuners all have it....

well, anyways, it's something to consider if you find that function useful to you or not. the pitchblack+ (plus) has it

i ever saw a youtube demo of it on guitar, the guy tuned his guitar to C and could still use the poly mode. but i don't know about bass though...

i think it terms of performance alone it can't match the turbo tuner. the turbo tuner is sick.

wah USB firmware updates for a tuner? TC electronic is really future proof...

i think it depends. the turbo tuner is the fastest tracking tuner in the world. it can track every note of a guitar playing a staccato melody. it would probably save you mere seconds while tuning. it is monophonic. it costs US$130. it sells like hotcakes though...

if price is all important u could just use a pitchjack, which is like 20 bucks or so.

i doubt the polytune is that fast. you'd imagine that if it was, they would make sure people knew about it.

the automatic led brightness adjustment is neat. if it saves the display preset when it is not powered it would be a plus. the pitchblack loses the calibration and display settings when the adaptor or battery is removed. i'd use the strobe setting but im too lazy to set it all up every time i power my board.

the pitchblack's dc jack only outputs 200mA or current (sometimes i wonder if it is even that much, doesnt feel like it), which is pathetic. the i've not checked out what it is on the polytune though.

the pitchblack's dc jack only outputs 200mA or current (sometimes i wonder if it is even that much, doesnt feel like it), which is pathetic. the i've not checked out what it is on the polytune though.

manual says 2A (aka 2000mA) for polytune.

and confirming, you cant use polymode for drop tuning. the manual is clear about that.

drop tuning isn't a problem for me, since i have a Hipshot Xtender installed. though it is a pain in the ass to tune first...

btw, i've heard bad things about the Polytune, that while a novel idea, just doesn't work like you wish it would. it seems that people have complained about poor tracking, and bad accuracy when compared to other tuners like the turbo tuner.

maybe i'll wait for one to appear at Blackwood to check it out. while i probably won't be getting it, i want to at least try it for fun.

There's a massive thread on TGP about the Polytune. I'm not very interested because its just too long a thread and my interest in it died. But I can tell you that thread has MANY rants about the Polytune. Go do a search on TGP and you'll find out why. I, too, am not so sure.

all products are like this - nothing suits everyone. and internet being a 'free' media, allows any comments, recommendation and rants. have you considered those who bought the product but didnt leave any notes in the public forum? most of the time you'll see more negative remarks in public forum (my personal observations).

all products are like this - nothing suits everyone.

Well, you see, most stuff we musicians deal with like amps, instruments and pedals, everyone's opinion is subjective because tone is all down to preference.

But here we're talking about a tuner where accuracy and reliabilty can be measured.

can the polytune track F#0 i am in the market to get something that can do that and track reasonably well.

im not sure about F#0 but even if it can, the tracking probably wont be that good. i'm not sure what will do the job, but the sonic research tuners are probably the best tuners ever made.

can't wait a few weeks to get the sonic research ones so just grab the pitchblack and it can track F#0 decently well and quick, so it good!

Back