Tangereens

jeepers

Not too sure exactly how many drummers here surf other drum forums like Cymbalholic and so on, so since I found this pretty interesting I thought I'd share it.

Tangereens

Very funky accessories, me thinks.

Short review by Brooke Sofferman; Skangadang from Cymbalholic

Cymbalholic Forums

Paul sent me some Tangereens to check out and to get my feedback. I really dig them, and find them very natural to use. They bode well for my playing style, and I find them to be much more then something I'd use only once in a while. They lend themselves to organic drumming, and even though they weren't meant for cymbal use, I found them to work well on all surfaces. I even found myself playing them on my legs and knees. I might also do a full demo in my shed, but I thought everyone would like to see what they sound like in a band context.

So far, I'm having a blast with them, and I dig all of the various combos you can use..........1 stick, 1 tang........2 tangs.............one mallet one tang, etc. Plus, if you flip them around, you get more drum definition and less shaker or bells, if you want a different sound.

Congrats Paul, and thanks for the cool tools!!!! Here's a demo of the bell version on a sort of songo groove, and one with a bembe groove into my solo on "Out of Nowhere." Man, the quality just went to sh*t on these. You can't even make out the faces! I might try to do a less compressed upload. Oh well, take a listen!

Personally, I find them very useful if you want to add colour to your drumming. Would work great in a small and light gig setting, possibly slow jazz or somewhere along that line. Very affordable as well. Lightweight and can be easily fit into any stickbag.

Very nice videos, the first being a demo by Ari Hoenig (Those who know who he is, he's
a magnificent drummer!), the second and third show the Tangereens in a band setting, a recent gig by Brooke. Enjoy!

Tangereens Demo

YouTube - Tangereens Demo (Bells)- Brooke Sofferman

YouTube - Tangereens Demo (Shaker)- Brooke Sofferman

Ps: I've emailed them to inquire if they do shipping to Singapore. I'll be getting one of each if shipping's reasonable. Do drop me a pm if you're interested.

Best,
Jasper

Latest update
I will be making an order soon, please drop me a PM if you're truly interested.

Back