Takamine

jar

For takamine acoustics D-series, do they have solid top or are all of it laminated top? What model is recommendable for the d-series at any price range?

Depends on the model. Those with solid-tops cost more, but the tone will improve over time. The cheaper ones will be all-laminate which is stronger and more resistant to humidity, but it'll sound the same over time. Takamine D series are generally well-recommended guitars. Quality and tone is good. So yeah, can't go wrong with them. Guess which model is really up to you as to which you like the most. :) But personally I'd recommend you go for the solid-top models, the all-laminate Takamines look a bit 'cheap' to me.

Last edited:
I've tried many Yamaha acoustics over time and even their laminate top models sound really good. Wood in general will season over time regardless of whether it's a solid top or not.

With regards to Takamine guitars, I say if you want something different, save up for their more expensive models. With your current budget at hand, the Takemine guitars that are available to you are made in China hence you should consider other brands which are also made in China but with better specs because you are paying more for the brand than anything else.

I personally like the above $700 Takamines, the G-series. If you want a solid acoustic sound with a good plugin tone to boot, i find it hard to beat the EGS330SC and other G-Series guitars in that price bracket.

Back